{20}

AUTHOR'S POV

Vihaan was sleeping peacefully when the persistent ringing of his phone disturbed his slumber. He groaned, half-opened his eyes, and reached for his phone. An unknown number flashed on the screen.it was 3 in the morning. Without much thought, he answered it.

A voice on the other end of the line spoke, instantly transforming Vihaan's drowsiness into worry and shock.

"Okay, I'm coming," he said, his voice steady despite the worry. He got out of bed and grabbed the white shirt hanging near the door. Quickly putting it on, he hurried out of his room grabbing his car keys.

Meanwhile, at the police station:

"Officer, is badtameez ladke ko yaha hi rakho," a middle-aged woman spoke. "Dekho toh kaise mere phool se bacche ko buri tarah peeta hai," she continued, looking at her bruised son sitting beside her, holding his jaw in pain.
(Officer, keep this insolent boy locked up right here.Look at how brutally he has beaten my precious child.)

"Your son deserves much more beating than this, aunty," Aarav growled from behind the bars.

"Dekho dekho officer kya keh raha hai, isey andar hawalaat me hi rakho, hosh thikaane aajaayenge varna bahar aakar kahi mere bete ko maar hi na daale," the lady said, adding fuel to Aarav's anger.
(See, see, Officer! Do you hear what he's saying? Keep him locked up in the cell, or he might come out and kill my son)

Sameer, who was standing outside the cell, gestured to Aarav to keep calm.

"Dekhiye ma'am, we are police. We know how things work. I have put him behind bars, and you can file an FIR against him," the police officer said.

"Just wait until my brother gets here, then he will deal with you and your precious son," Aarav said, gripping the rod of the cell.

"Kyu?, tumhare bhai ne kaunsa bada teer maara hai?",the lady retorted.
(Why? What big accomplishment has your brother achieved?)

Suddenly, a hush fell over the room as a man entered. The lady observed how everyone stood up at his arrival.

Even the senior police officer rose from his seat.

"Mr. Singhania? S-sir, you're here?" he stammered.

The lady watched intently, noting how everyone seemed intimidated by Vihaan.

"Why did you put my brother in jail?" Vihaan finally spoke, his voice steady and commanding

"Is he your brother?" the officer asked, pointing towards aarav.

Vihaan's lawyer who was standing beside him replied, "Yes, he is. May I know why you've put him behind bars?"

"Oh, hello mister, who are you?" Mrs. Pandey interjected. "Your brother brutally beat my son in the club. There are witnesses. I will make sure your brother stays in jail. My husband is a lawyer."

"Mr. Singhania, Mrs. Pandey has pressed charges against him for assaulting her son Rohan," the officer explained, gesturing towards Rohan.

Vihaan shifted his gaze towards Rohan and then at Aarav

"Bhaiyya, he deserved it! He was the one who stole my phone and sent Jeia's picture. Because of him, Jeia was made fun of, and I was framed," Aarav said angrily.

"Accha, zara dekho toh, ulta chor kotwal ko daante," Mrs. Pandey remarked.
(Well, look at this, the thief is scolding the policeman)

"Oh, aunty, why don't you ask your son then?" Aarav retorted. "He's the real culprit here."