10 | Pancakes

𝗟 𝗨 𝗡 𝗔

My eyes fluttered open, surroundings still shrouded in darkness as i tried to sit up but failed.

I struggled to maintain my breathings as my eyes welled up with tears i looked around and found him sleeping on the couch.

How am I supposed to explain that I'm nyctophobic?
I thought to myself.

I couldn't hold back my tears any longer, and as i clenched the blanket tightly, a scream tore from my lips, a desperate release of the fear and pain that consumed me.

Momma..

All those tragic memories, i concealed. trapped me in its grip, Again.

He seemed to hear my sobbing as he hurriedly ran to my bed, dropping to his knees beside me, his eyes filled abruptly and turned red. He turned on the lamp kept beside my bed.

He didn't seek an explanation, he didn't question my tears, he didn't urge me to stop, he didn't raise his voice at me, he didn't do any of those.

He just looked in my eyes.

And for the first time in my lifetime, those eyes didn't hold rage against me, instead they softened.

His hand reached out to my face, hovering in the air just inches away, He paused halfway, uncertainty flickering his actions.

I swiftly snuggled my face in his palms, as tears flooded over my face, I held his wrist with my tiny hands.

Time passed away, and i finally allowed myself to let go of him and settled on the bed.

"I-I'm sorry.." i voiced out to apologise for my behaviour, he must've thought I'm stupid.

"Shh.." He shook his head, putting a finger on my lips and he said, "You are my wife, to rule over me. Not to apologise."

I felt butterflies swirling in my chest as i heard him saying 'my wife'.

"But..-" I intended to apologise again to not feel guilty, but his sentence cut me off "No more convincing."

He glanced at me, i wandered around to not feel his gaze on me and he noticed, slightly lowering his gaze he asked, "Want to talk?"

I never really liked to talk about my past or pour my heart in front of anyone, but it's different with him.

"My father stabbed my momma multiple times, in front of me. It was a darkened room where I saw my momma breathe her last moments of life but i couldn't do anything, the little Luna welled up with tears, too died with her momma that day."

After a few seconds of silence, he swiftly stood up and moved to sit beside me on the bed, instinctively wrapping an arm around my shoulders. And somehow I even allowed him.

He gently guided me to rest my head against his chest, The rhythmic beating of his heart was a calming presence, a silent promise that i wasn't alone.

"I'm sorry, for not being there for you at that time but i promise from now on I'll not let a tear escape from your eyes." He said, and let my lips curve into a smile as i snuggled into him.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked looking at his face, he nodded in an approval. "Why are you being so nice to me?" I said, seeking for an acceptable reply.

"Because, I'm Your husband" He said, sending shivers down my spine hearing his words, still why would he? I confused myself again.

"Just because you're My husband?"