Chapter 1

The soft hum of conversation and the rich aroma of freshly brewed coffee filled the cozy café, creating a warm and inviting atmosphere. Sunghoon, a diligent and somewhat reserved barista, expertly crafted drinks behind the counter, his focus unwavering as he poured, steamed, and served with practiced ease.

Wonyoung pushed open the café door, the small bell above it jingling to announce her arrival. She stepped inside, greeted by the familiar scent of coffee and the comforting ambiance of her favorite spot. She glanced around, her eyes landing on her usual table by the window. With a smile, she made her way to the counter, ready to order her daily cappuccino.

Sunghoon looked up as Wonyoung approached, his heart skipping a beat. He admired her from afar, captivated by her bright personality and the way she seemed to light up the room. Over the past few months, he had developed a secret crush on her, but he never found the courage to speak more than a few polite words. Today, however, he had decided to take a small step.

“Hi, Wonyoung. The usual?” Sunghoon asked, his voice steady despite the butterflies in his stomach.

Wonyoung nodded, her smile widening. “Yes, please. Thanks, Sunghoon.”

As Sunghoon prepared her cappuccino, he reached into his apron pocket and pulled out a small note he had written earlier. It was a simple message, but he hoped it would brighten her day. He carefully slipped the note under the coffee cup before handing it to her.

“Here you go. Enjoy!” Sunghoon said, trying to keep his tone casual.

“Thank you!” Wonyoung replied, taking the cup and heading to her usual spot by the window.

She settled into her seat, pulling out a book from her bag and preparing to enjoy her quiet time. As she lifted the cup to take a sip, she noticed the small piece of paper underneath it. Curious, she picked it up and unfolded it.

The note read: “You have a smile that can brighten the darkest days. - Your Secret Admirer.”

Wonyoung’s heart skipped a beat as she read the words. She looked around the café, wondering who could have written the note.

Her eyes landed on Sunghoon, who was busy with another order, and she smiled to herself. The mystery of the note filled her with a mix of excitement and curiosity.

She tucked the note into her book, deciding to keep it as a little secret for now.

As she sipped her cappuccino and lost herself in her book, she couldn’t help but glance at the counter every now and then, her thoughts drifting back to the note and the person who wrote it.

Sunghoon watched Wonyoung from the corner of his eye, relieved to see her smiling. It was a small gesture, but it was a start. He hoped that, through these notes, he could show her a glimpse of his feelings and, maybe one day, find the courage to tell her in person.

As the café buzzed with activity and the day went on, Wonyoung couldn’t shake the feeling of warmth that the note had given her. She looked forward to her next visit, wondering if there would be another message waiting for her.

Little did she know, this was only the beginning of a series of heartfelt exchanges that would bring two souls closer together.

And so, the first note marked the start of a beautiful, secret connection between Sunghoon and Wonyoung, setting the stage for a story filled with romance, mystery, and the promise of new beginnings.