chapter 4 "It's Training Time, Part 1"

Opening

Just after experiencing that sense of connection in the shower, I find myself being escorted by the same girl to the place where Lilith and Slyther are. This place is enormous.

"By the way, do you know what kind of entertainment Lilith has planned?" I ask, genuinely curious since I have no idea what kind of entertainment I might receive or how this world works.

Maid: "Mmm? Honestly, I have no idea what Lilith-sama has planned. But knowing how she is when she takes things seriously, you'll probably have to put in a lot of effort not to disappoint her. Besides, she has pinned all her hopes on you. You're the only person who can help her." She responds with a smile before her expression turns serious, and she stops in front of me.

"That's why I ask you to do your best, not just for Lilith-sama, but for the Kingdom of Shadowfall. Although this place looks like this now, it's not the same as before. The kingdom has shrunk by almost 80% since it was attacked, and many have left. But I don't want to depress you or put more pressure on you. By the way, we've arrived," she says, quickly changing her expression and smiling before opening a door that apparently leads to the castle's courtyard or garden-I can't tell.

In the distance, I see three people looking in our direction. One of them is Slyther, and the other is Lilith in her... tired form? But I have no idea who the other girl is, though I quickly notice the resemblance... Damn, she's probably her mother. If she finds out what happened, I'm dead, and I haven't even completed my first side mission yet.

Lilith: "Hey Alexs, hurry up! We don't have much time to waste. We need to start the explanation and your training!" Lilith shouts, waving her hand in greeting.

"Yes! Right away," I respond, running towards them, followed by the orange-haired maid.

Slyther: "Good morning, Alexs-sama. How are you? I hope your room was to your liking." He bows as he greets me.

"I'm fine, and yes, thank you, it was beyond my expectations." I reply, bowing slightly to show respect.

Slyther: "There's no need to bow to me, sir. By the way, good morning to you too, Celes-san." He greets the orange-haired maid, whose name I finally learn.

Celes: "Good morning to you too, Slyther-chan," she responds with a big smile. "And to you too, Lilith-sama."

Lilith: "Good morning, Celes. I hope it wasn't a problem for you to wake Alexs up. I know you had to attend school today."

School? Oh crap, what kind of mess have I gotten myself into? I can already hear the sirens.

Celes: "Don't worry, Lilith-sama. Anyway, it was much more educational to meet Alexs." She gives me a conspiratorial smile, and I swallow hard, remembering what happened.

???: "Enough with the chatter. I don't understand why this guy is here. Is he really the one to save the kingdom, Lilith-sama, Slyther-sama? He doesn't seem like much, plus I can't sense any magical abilities from him, and he doesn't look like a warrior."

The woman, who seems to be Celes' mother, points at me while speaking animatedly.Great, now I'm more scared of what she might do, but at the same time, I'm annoyed by what she said. She doesn't even know me, and we haven't even started my training.

Lilith: "I know it's sudden, and it might not seem like a great idea, but I have hopes that he will help us restore the kingdom. So please, give him a chance."