Chapter 2

(To see Chapter 1, go see @ArashiKhumito's side of this story!)

Yaaaawn... day was long. It had been a while after Shamio had 'possessed' me. I'm not sure if he has ill intent or not, but he did tell me something while I was asleep one night, in his 'domain' of sorts.

"I don't care what, good or evil—if they aren't associated with you, they shouldn't and won't be around you."

I'm not too sure what to make of it. And sometimes he just pops up, like a mouth appears on my hand and he speaks. What's more on my mind, though, is Team Angel—they're a horrid group that are, allegedly, 'trying to save the Pokemon world'. Allegedly. If they are, then they're means of doing so are really bad. Part of me thinks they're intent is more than saving the world.

"Hello!" Asami barged into the house, startling me, Mel, and Magi (the latter of whom started to tear up. Thankfully, I calmed her down), "I've got some friends for you to meet!"

"Asa, please don't barge in like that..." 

"This is Khumito Arashi! She's unfamiliar with the place. Show her around, you know the Heights better than I do, somehow."

Arashi was going to introduce herself, but then Shamio took over.

"Who is this girl you've brought, Hasegawa?"

Arashi completely flipped out and I saw her go to unsheathe her sword. 

I suppressed Shamio and told her. "I'm an odd case, honestly. I'm Kazuya—I'm the now vessel of Shamio Tsushima. He's my ancestor and is cursed, said to be half-Pokemon, half-Human."

"Does that make you a-"

"I'm not bad. I don't know if Shamio himself is bad, though." I could tell she was... a bit more than nervous. She did calm down after sitting on the couch. Then she finally noticed everything around her—and Mel and Magi.

"Woah, woah! Are those two-" she panicked. Magi flew up to her and nuzzled against her. That seemed to calm her down. "They don't seem like the hostile kind..."

"We're not hostile," Mel told her, "Not like some other people and Pokemon I've met..." I think Arashi fainted at the sight of Mel talking. A Marshadow, talking? Some sight.

"I'm gonna head home now, bye bye!" Asami left.

I waited for her to wake up.

"S-so... are you not a threat?" Arashi asked, groggily.

"No?" I replied, "Just be weary, not everyone in Kanto here is a good person. The Heights are a safe place, though, lemmie show you around."

"Ah... okay." She awkwardly followed me. Mel had left the house and Magi was asleep. Sis was supposed to arrive home soon, so that gave us good time to go and explore the Heights. But before that..

"You might wanna take off your sword," I told her, "They're illegal to use here. Get caught with the blade 3 inches or so out and you could end up in jail—or worse." Arashi abided (you don't wanna get in trouble with the law, do you?) and put her sword in my room. Then, we headed off.

"So... what is this place, anyway?" She asked, "Everything is so... modern."

"This is Melody Heights," I told her, "It's a nice, quaint town, with friendly people, trainers and more."

"So, these Pokemon creatures..." she asked, "What kind of training do you do with them?"

"I'm not a trainer myself," I told her, "not the conventional kind, anyway," I muttered under my breath (though, I think she heard me), "but usually, people train their Pokemon to become stronger in battle. Don't worry about the Pokemon—battling is a natural part of life for them. Even the ones who don't battle. In my case, I'm just kind of the 'older brother' for my Pokemon. Mel, the Marshadow, is mine and he's my younger bro, and Magi, the Misdreavus, is my sister's and she's my younger sis."

"I see... but what about the demon inside you? Shamio, was his name?"

"It's an awfully long story that I don't like to tell, but to summarize, I met Ash Ketchum, we fought a Spiritomb, I swallowed a Spirit Orb, he started spouting something about massacre. You gotta keep your dead relatives dead or else they'll wake up and start tweaking." I doubt Arashi could understand a word of what I was saying. "Your uniform, by the way, it's peculiar—you're not from around here, are you?"

"It's a long story for me. Not sure how to explain it." Arashi rubbed her head.

"You okay? You got a headache or something?"

"Don't tell anyone, but I've got these people in my head and they bicker and argue all the time."

"Ah, so we're in the same boat then."

"Mhm."

"Hmm... you know, maybe Shamio could talk it out in his 'domain' that's in my head right now with the people in your head. Odd idea, sure, but it could be theoretically possible."

"Well, the circumstances I'm in are different compared to yours."

"How so?"

(To see Chapter 3, go see @ArashiKhumito's side of this story!)