couldnt possibly hate you

But I'm in so deep
You know I'm such a fool for you

to the americans, the fourth of july was the day that symbolized their independence or whatever

to the americans, the fourth of july was the day that symbolized their independence or whatever. a day where they shot fireworks into the sky and ate barbecue with family without a care in the world.

to subin and her friends, the fourth of july was a special day for a different reason. because twenty four years ago on this day, lee subin was born with a full head of hair and a good pair of lungs.

usually subin would be over the moon to wake up to the smell of dasoms cooking, humming happily to herself as she walked out of her room to greet her best friends.

but this birthday was different. because for the past week, she had been spiraling so terribly bad that even sohee couldn't get her out of the house which was insane because he was usually the only one who could actually do that.

haechan had not responded to any of her frantic messages about wanting to talk, and apparently he had been doing everything in his power to avoid her physical presence; chenles words, not hers.

so yeah, having to spend her birthday feeling completely out of her mind wasn't something she could see herself enjoying.

that didn't stop her from happily making her way into the kitchen in hopes to pile her plate full of whatever dasom had made from her mothers cook book.

"happy birthday!" the three girls shouted as soon as she stepped foot in their living room, a pan full of cinnamon rolls with candles stuck in them sitting in minjeongs arms. yunghwa bounced her way over to the eldest girl, placing a pink tiara on her head and pushing her further into the living room while they sang for her.

this was one pro to her shitty situation. all she needed was her girls and the large pan of cinnamon rolls for her birthday to be made, she wasn't going to let what haechan had done ruin that for her.

"now eat quick so you can get ready. yeonjun and jaemin are coming to pick us up at one." minjeong smiled, moving to place the pan on the table with the other girls in tow.

ah yes, yeonjun and jaemins annual "buy subins love" shopping spree. as much as she hated to admit it, subin really enjoyed when they did this. even if they did it for each of the other girls on their birthdays, it made her feel special.

every year, subin made it very clear she didn't want any sort of party thrown in her honor because one) she didn't even have that many friends so the party would be full of random people, and two) if it wasn't clear already, lee subin was not the social type.

this is how jaemin and yeonjun came up with the brilliant idea to put the copious amounts of random money they had lying around to good use. and she had to thank god for being stuck with filthy rich friends by the time they made it back to the house with an unnecessary amount of shopping bags