CHAPTER ONE

MAX WOKE UP TO THE sound of someone knocking on his door

MAX WOKE UP TO THE sound of someone knocking on his door. He groaned, pushing the covers off himself. He made his way towards the door and looked into the peephole.

Max was slightly tempted to leave Olivia knocking and go back to sleep. Which he was about to do but he unfortunately did not take in his surroundings very well and stumped his toe on the pot plant next to his front door.

Olivia chuckled at the string of course words that rang from the otherside of the door. "I can hear you!" She says.

Max sighed and turned to open the door. He was met with a smirking Olivia (at that point he was tempted to slam the door in her face). "Olivia, it's way too early for this."

Olivia shoves her phone into his face revealing the time.

"It's 4 in the afternoon Max."

The Dutchman whined and buried his face in his hands. "I missed my date." But Olivia's smirked widen, "Actually, she had an emergency and rescheduled the date for this evening, which you would have know if you answered your phone."

Max and walked towards his room, Olivia following. He unplugs his phone from the charging port and is met with a string of notifications from both Daniel and Liv.

He gives the woman a guilty smile, "Woops?" Olivia rolled her eyes and pushed his head back with her index finger, "Woops indeed, you idiot! Daniel thought you died from alcohol poisoning."

"About that, remind me to never drink with your brother again." Olivia chuckled and made her way towards the kitchen. She opened up his fridge and grabbed a bottle of water for both Max and herself, tossing Max's towards him. "The painkillers are on the top shelf, could you pass them?"

"No," She spoke, sliding them across the counter towards him. "You've got two hours," She says, "sober up and please shower. You reak of alcohol." Max was already on his way towards his bathroom when he replied, "Daniel's fault, not mine!"

ᯓ★

H

ALF AN HOUR WENT by since Max left for his date and Olivia internally screamed when Max's front door opened. "It's been only 30 minutes!?"

Max kicked his shoes off and slumped down next to her on the couch. "She was 57!" Olivia gave him a perplexed look, "What do you mean she's 57? The girl I set you up with was 24." Max paused, "She wasn't 57?" He asked slowly, avoiding eye contact.

"Max!" Olivia softly hit his arm. "I thought that was her! I still asked, 'Are you Maria?' and she said yes!"

Olivia pinched the bridge of her knows, "I didn't say Maria, I said Marina!" Max pulled out his phone and froze at the texts on his screen. "Okay...so mabye I was wrong." Olivia sighed, "But in my defense—"

Olivia ignored the rest of Max's excuse choosing to send Marina a message, explaining everything.

"If you made this girl cry, Verstappen I swear—" Max sighed, "I know, I know, I'm a complete idiot. Is it possible to mabye reschedule?" Olivia's attention was shifted to the notification she received on her phone, "She said she understands and to not worry about the mix up. She landed up meeting a cute guy at the bar and they're hitting off."

Max was slightly relieved but still felt some sense of guilt for leaving her hanging. "Now, I have to head home." She goes to stand but Max pulls her back down. "I'll make you some supper before you leave, consider it an apology for almost ruining your friendship with Marina."

"Nope, not happening. Last time I ate something you cooked, I was stuck with food poisoning for a week." Max nodded, "Take-out it is."

➡ AUTHOR'S NOTE

AHHH FIRST CHAPTER DONE

I hope you guys are enjoying the book so far and thank you all for reading <3 I'm absolutely in love with Liv and Max so far and I'm so excited to continue writing <33