CHAPTER SIX

"THERE'S UNFORTUNATELY ONLY two rooms available at the moment, so one of you may have to share with someone

"THERE'S UNFORTUNATELY ONLY two rooms available at the moment, so one of you may have to share with someone." The receptionist said as she scanned her computer for a possible solution.

Max watched as the woman then slid two keycards towards them an quickly snatched one of them before Lando got the chance to even wake up from his groggy state. "What a shame, guess you're gonna have to stay with me Liv." He gave the girl a innocent smile while she just chuckled sarcastically. "What a shame indeed," she says as she grabs the second card. "Hope you and Lando enjoy your little sleep over." Max's smile slowly dropped as he watched her walk towards the elevator. Lando simply whined, "Just hurry up already, I'm exhausted."

"Yeah, yeah! Stop crying like a baby." Lando glared at the Red Bull driver, "Careful or I'll go bunk with Liv." Max stuck his tounge out like he was some sort of child (let's be honest he is) and made his way towards the second  elevator.

ᯓ★

L

IV FELT AS THOUGH SHE were at some sort of spa retreat. No annoying older brother that doesn't know how to keep his nose out of her business and thankfully, no Max Verstappen to hound her about her childhood crushes.

Peace and quiet.

Or so she thought.

As Olivia finally got into bed after a long needed shower, ready to turn on the TV and watch what ever channel available, she was unfortunately interrupted.

"LIV!"

The woman sighed, "Lando kicked me out." She climbed out of her bed and opened the door to see a pouting Max Verstappen. Just as she opened her mouth to speak, the door next door swung open. "He won't shut up! I need my beauty sleep before we take off again in—" he paused his rant to check the time, "10 hours!"

The door quickly shut again with Olivia stepping aside, reluctantly. "Your the best." Max's gloomy demeanor was immediately replaced with a relieved grin. "Promise to keep my mouth completely shut!" He says as he begins to set up the couch as a makeshift bed for him to sleep on.

Olivia raises her eyebrow, "What are you doing." Max's face held a look of confusion. "I'm going to sleep?" He spoke slowly. Olivia rolled her eyes. "Obviously  Verstappen, but why on the couch?"

Max looked at her for a moment before shrugging. "I didn't want you to feel uncomfortable." Olivia gave him a soft smile, "Max, you're the last person on earth I'd feel uncomfortable around." She made her way towards the wall as she switched the main light in the room off, leaving only the bedside table lamp on. "But if you feel more comfortable sleeping on the couch, I understand." She gave him one last smile before she climbed back into the bed.

"Lamp on or off?" She asked, "Off." Max replied. Olivia switched the lamp off and got into a comfortable position.

Just as she started to drift off to sleep, she felt the bed dip ever so slightly as Max climbed in as well.

"Night Max." She wispered, "Night Liv." But by the time Max replied she was already out like a light.