CHAPTER THIRTEEN

MAX AWOKE TO WATER being sprayed in his face

MAX AWOKE TO WATER being sprayed in his face. He shot awake and was met with the frowning face of Daniel. "What are you doing in my sister's bed?" His tone sounded disgusted as he looked at Max with a judgmental gaze.

"Your sister understands how uncomfortable it is to sleep on a couch and offered to let me bunk with her."

He raised a questionable brow at his friend and gestured to Olivia's arm. "And the canoodling?"

Max rolled his eyes, "Firstly, it's not a canoodling," he glanced down at Olivia, "Secondly," He turned to his friend with a teasing grin. "I like being the little spoon."

"Ah, so you choose death."

Max immediately jumped out of bed and  made a run for it. Daniel following close behind.

Olivia awoke to shouting that resembled that of a shrieking pig. She made her way out of her room, still half asleep.

There she came across the sight of Daniel chasing Max around the apartment with a water gun. She paused.

I thought I hid those away?

She shrugged her shoulders and headed towards the kitchen. The clock read exactly 7:30 am. Meaning she only got roughly five hours of sleep.

To any normal human that would have left them miserable but Olivia actually functioned better when she had less sleep than normal. It was weird but it worked for her.

She grabbed herself a cup as she began making herself some tea. As she did finished pouring the water in her cup, Max came running in the kitchen and wrapped his hands around her waist. Turning her around, she came face to face with Daniel and his water gun.

"Let her go Max."

He sounded like some sort of cop that was making a negotiation. "Men truly never grow up, do they?"

Max simply smirked at Daniel, "Max, don't you dare." Max slowly leaned his head closer to Olivia, "Verstappen, I mean it!" Closer. "Don't you dare kis—" Max then planted a tiny kiss on Olivia's cheeks and immediately bolted for the kitchen door.

Olivia watched as Daniel chased after him. Daniel must have caught him because she could hear them squabbling in the living room.

Olivia sighed as she listened to their bickering and finished off her tea.

Just as she was about to take a sip, she heard something drop and the shouting soon stopped.

Olivia paused, "Daniel what the hell did you break!?"

"I didn't break anything!"

D

ANIEL, IN FACT DID BREAK something but Olivia was in too much of a hurry to care. She had been abit behind schedule today (her own fault for staying out late) and had rushed over to the F2 Garage just in time for their meeting.

They had a rather successful race with both drivers having finished in the points. The team would be going out to celebrate later that night but for now Olivia had to make her way to the F1 Garages.

She'd be watching the race from the Red Bull garage as Daniel used most of his passes for the rest of the family. Max had been kind enough to offer his V.I.P pass to Olivia though, so there wasn't any problem.

As she walked through the Garage she saw Max speaking with a woman who she did not recognize.

Max waved her over and Olivia slowly aproached. She gave her a kind smile as Max gestured to her. "Olivia this is Maria, she's one of Red Bulls athletes."

"It's lovely to meet you Maria," she greeted as she shook the woman's hand. "It's lovely to meet you too, Olivia."

"We were just talking about how we grew up in the same neighborhood. Isn't that crazy?" Olivia can't remember the last time she saw Max smile like that. "It's a pitty I never ran into him before. I always assumed the boys in my neighborhood were never my type."

Max blushed slightly and Olivia had to try her hardest to ignore the way her stomach twisted in jealousy.

They began talking to each other about something she had no clue about. Eventually the two of them switched over to Dutch and Olivia was even more lost.

Eventually Olivia just slipped away and she tried her hardest to not feel slightly hurt that Max didn't even notice she had left.

She stood in a corner that was slightly far from the rest of the V.I.Ps. Olivia tried so hard no to look over at Max and Maria but she couldn't help herself.

She hated the way she kept touching his arm and making him laugh. She knew it was wrong to feel that way, he was her friend.

But it hurt. She knew Max would never go for. Hell, I mean after all these years? Olivia doesn't think Max would even look at her like that. Especially not like how he was looking at Maria.

"Fancy seeing you here."

Olivia turned to see who was behind her and was met with the smiling face of Alister. Olivia chuckled in surprise and brought him in for a hug. "It's been ages!" She joked.

Max had looked up as he went to ask Olivia something but was shocked to see she wasn't there.

How long ago did she walk away?

"Anyways, I'll let you get back to it." Maria spoke, giving him a small wink as she moved to go talk to someone from her team. Max gave her a small nod and a smile as she walked away.

Olivia's laugh had grabbed his attention and he scouted the room to see where it was coming from.

He saw her stood in one of the corners of the garage as a guy began telling her something. He walked towards the two and Olivia smiled once she noticed his approaching figure.

"Max!" She greeted cheerfully. "This is Alister. Alister this is Max." The two gave eachother a nod of acknowledgement as Olivia began to explain who he was. "He's that guy I told you about, the one from the bar."

Where's Daniel's in all his overprotective nature when you need him.

"Hi." Max greeted shortly. Alister went to shake Max's hand but instead of reciprocating, Max simply look at it and then back at Alister.

He turned to Olivia (who was confused as hell) and gave her a tight lipped smile. "Just came to tell you that I'm going to head out soon."

Olivia nodded and gave him an encouraging smile. "You've got this Max. You always do."

SHE'S SO PERFECT.

Max gave her a goofy grin and turned towards Alister, smile dropping. "Good luck, Mate." Max simply walked off without saying anything back and Alister turned to Olivia.

"That was weird..." She muttered to herself. "He hates me." Alister concluded  and Olivia was quick to reply. "Don't worry, he gets like that sometimes. It's how Drivers are, I guess?"

Olivia gave him a reasuring smile but Alister didn't feel much assured.