Chapter 1: Siblings

Jayden Leywin

"Congratulations Sir and Madam, they're healthy children," were the first words I heard as I came into this world.

I slowly opened my eyes to see my mother and father looking back down at me. I felt shuffling next to me and I turned to see my brother.

He turned to look at me and we both stared at each other for a few seconds until I fell asleep.

3 Years Later...

It's been a few years and during those few years, I passed a milestone for young infants! I've learned to crawl baby! My brother, who's name I found out to be Arthur, learned how to crawl a few days later.

I tumbled into a mirror. I held the appearance of my brother, Arthur, however, instead of his bright azure blue eyes, I instead had emerald green eyes. The doctor said it was a phenomenon, as no one in the family has had green eyes before. 

Well anyways, ever since I've learned to crawl, Arthur and I have started sneaking into the study. The books on mana are quite interesting I must say. One time, our elder sister caught us crawling to the study, but instead of alerting mom, she turned away and started walking. She's always been a kind saint .

***

Arthur and I have been trying to form our core ever since we read that cool book! I don't think we've made a lot of progress but I'm not too concerned. Although, using the fire magic I saw in a guide would be really cool.

Anyways, right now, I'm just being thrown in the air while Art is watching. My father seems to think that throwing a child into the air would be quite enjoyable. While I understand there would be a kind of adrenaline effect that may excite some people, when mana was used to reinforce his arms, and I got thrown into the air like a high-speed projectile, the only feeling I had was nausea and a traumatic fear of heights.

Our mother got him to calm down before lecturing him. He sulked as he walked outside to practice his mana manipulation.

Mariah picked me up to bring me back inside (upon our mother's orders) when a loud sound erupted from the house.

--------------------------------

Hey! Pieworkss here! Short chapter, but honestly, the entire volume is short in general. 

I'll try not to leave for a year again. 

Anyways, onto Chapter 2: Journey, Start!