·˚ ༘₊· ͟͟͞͞꒰➳ keycard ·˚ ༘₊· ͟͟͞͞꒰➳

·˚ ༘₊· ͟͟͞͞꒰➳

I'm not sentimental
But there's somethin' 'bout the way you look tonight, mm
Makes me wanna take a picture
Make a movie with you that we'd have to hide
You better lock your phone
And look at me when you're alone
Won't take a lot to get you goin'
I'm sorry if it's torture though
I know, I know
It might be more of an obsession
You really make a strong impression
Nobody saw me in the lobby (saw me in the lobby)
Nobody saw me in your arms, mm

·˚ ༘₊· ͟͟͞͞꒰➳

You pay the taxi driver and step out onto the street in front of a building you haven't laid eyes on in years. You sigh, you thought it might feel different after all this time but, it would seem, some things never change.

You take a moment to brace yourself, then you push open the glass door and move forward, stalling won't make it any better.

You make a point of being kind to the women on the front desk, even though you wouldn't be able to guess if you'd actually met any of them before. In truth, this place couldn't have been further from your mind for the last two years.

You head for the elevators and make your way to the top floor.

Upon your arrival you realize that the floor seems to be empty. You check your watch, lunch time. You curse your luck, the flight had come in earlier than you'd expected and you'd been impatient to get this over with so you'd come straight from the airport. You hope your things have made it to their destination in one piece.

You make your way over to the executive office to find somewhere to wait. You're a little surprised to find not one, but two desks where the CEO's assistant used to work. Huh, you guess some things have changed.

You drop yourself into the one with no personal effects on display, retrieving your phone from your purse so you can see if there's an update about your belongings. You sigh when you see they've arrived. You try to remind yourself that the one positive thing about being home is you'll get to sleep in your old bed tonight, a giant monstrosity of a four poster bed that had been gifted to you as a teenager. You love it, and you hate that you love it. Mixed feelings aside, it was still the most comfortable place you'd ever slept and sleep sounds so good to you right now.

You scroll as you wait, spinning aimlessly in the chair, pushing off of the base in one direction, waiting for it to come to a halt, before doing the same in the opposite direction.

Mid-spin you catch movement in your peripheral vision, you look up from your phone to be greeted by a very tall blond man with glasses glaring down at you. He's wearing a tan suit and a blue collared button up, and holds, what you assume to be, his lunch in one hand.

Well, hello there new guy.

You put on your sweetest smile, "Can I help you?"

You see his mouth twitch in irritation as he exhales a steadying-irritated?-breath.. "Considering you're sat at my desk, maybe I'm the one who should be asking you that."