Productive 2: Donnie x Inventor Reader

⚠️LONG ASS STORY(May way of saying sorry for being gone for so long)

Key: F/N-First Name|L/N-Last Name

⚙️Y/N POV

(Would like to say I have no flipping idea when it comes to tech, so if I get something wrong, sorry)

*Before the junkyard*

I violently shove my house keys into the keyhole and slam the door open. I storm inside, trying to get to my room quickly. I'm about to enter my room when I feel my phone vibrating. I was about to reach for it but stop at the last second. It's probably that two-faced dragon trying to gaslight me again. I open the door to my safe haven. The huge computer monitors shining brighter than my future, the humming of desktops, my workbench scattered with tools, all under the colorful lights from my LED strips. I throw myself into my gaming chair and push myself towards my workbench.

I look down at the drone my friends, or I thought were, have been working on. It was meant to resemble a purple Chinese dragon. It has 4 rotors on its underside to make it fly, a grappling hook as a tail to mess up other drones' movements, claws to destroy its opponents, and those iconic ruby-like eyes for flare(and a way to hide the lasers)! All those fancy gadgets are useless due to the code being unfinished.  That's now up to that joke of a coder, Jason, who to my knowledge, doesn't have any real skills! He only got in the club(or let back in) because he's Kendra's step-brother!

I take a slow, deep breath and look towards the ceiling. Disdain and disappointment are gnawing at my insides as I think about dismissal from my old clique. I'm supposed to meet The Purple Dragons next week to return the drone in time for the Drone Races, but my petty gene is saying otherwise. Maybe I should just waste my Friday night plotting my revenge against them. All of a sudden, I'm ripped from my thoughts as I hear a ping from tech gauntlet. I reluctantly open the notification, and it opens The Cameras in New York app I made(The name is WIP, alright?). The screen quickly focuses on a camera that's right at the entrance of Repo Mantis Salvage.

At first, I see nothing that catches my eye, but that's when I see it. An auto-transporter leaving the salvage yard. This means the greatest thing, SUPPLY RUN! Good timing too because the school is starting to notice supplies going missing from the metal workshop. I grab my satchel, which is conveniently under my desk, and start stuffing the essentials in there.  Smoke bombs, a respirator mask, my multi-tool, and the tranquilizer gun. I rush down the stairs and struggle to grab my foldable skateboard(yes that's a thing) while leaving the house.

The mellow sun was starting to sink into the horizon when I made it outside. Everything was covered in this golden hue that just gave me this unexplainable warm feeling. The dancing hues of red, yellow, and pink overtaking the once baby blue sky. I was awe-struck at the scene in front of me, almost forgetting why I was out here in the first place. I get a running start and gracefully start gliding across the sidewalk. I try to bask in the sun's light as the moon makes its presence known to New York. By the time I get to the car graveyard, the sky is flooded with shining stars with a midnight blue background.

I fold the skateboard up and fumble to make space for it in my bag. I climb over the fence and barely land on my feet when I jump down. I sneakily make my way through the place, hiding behind the cars to stay out of the purple praying mantis way. It eventually just got annoying to do and just said screw it. I spent a good two hours ransacking every car that caught my attention. Just when I think I am satisfied with my loot, I stumble across this area of discarded drones. I instantly rushed to inspect all of them for anything useful. I was getting a magnified look at a drone's circuit board, with the help of my goggles, when I felt a presence behind me. I slowly turn around and accidentally drop the broken drone. I'm faced with one of the deadliest glares ever thrown in my direction and I try backing away, but pulls me back by my wrist.