Chapter 2

An- Happy 4th of July to y'all Americans! If you're doing anything near fireworks stay safe! Sorry about it being like almost a month since my last post, I've been really sick. Anyway, go read.

Disclaimer: I don't own literally anything in this writing whatsoever. I'm far to broke for that.

Bellatrix opened the palette and dusted a bit of the powder onto her face, touching up the makeup she had done earlier. Looking in the small compact mirror, she examined the finished look.

Normally, she didn't care very much about her looks, but she was going to an event, and thought she ought to look nice.

After lacing the corset of her dress, she carefully tied her the ribbons of her black mask. She had always hated masquerade parties. They felt so superficial. But, Narcissa was hosting and would be incredibly upset if Bellatrix didn't attend.

With a crack, she apparated to the Malfoy mansion. Seeing everyone in the ballroom, dancing and enjoying themselves, Bellatrix felt like throwing up. There she was, alone in some corner lazily sipping on some fancy wine drink that her sister had insisted she try.

A man she didn't know approached her.

"May I have this dance?" Bellatrix responded with a glare that would make most people run for their life.

The mystery man, instead of backing off, held out his arm. After a moment of consideration Bellatrix took his arm, and begrudgingly allowed him to lead her towards the dance floor.

In his defense, he was an excellent dancer. He twirled Bellatrix and masterfully carried out every step.

Suddenly, the room fell into silence. Bellatrix's eyes flicked toward the door, seeing the dark lord enter.

"I must go." She hurriedly made her way to the dark lord. The mystery man watched her leave, frowning. Having lost interest in the party, he slipped through the manor and out the door, a crack signaling that he had apparated off.

Arriving at his house, he unlocked the door, going up to his bedroom, trying not to think about how Bellatrix had brushed him off so hurriedly in favor of the dark lord.

Running a hand through his chin length black hair, he removed his mask. In the mirror, the face of Severus Snape stared back.

An- I know it's really short, but the next update will be much quicker, I promise!