Unlikely Scenario

Charlotte Amobi-Singh. Similar to both of her parents. Sharing her fathers love for food and video games. While sharing her mothers strong will-power and academic abilities. And her parents would certainly learn this about their daughter as her life progresses.

Charlotte knew what had happened two years ago, everyone knew what had happened in their small town. But no one knew better than the Wards and the Amobi - Singhs. 2 years ago, on the 17th day of November 2022, Sadie ward went missing and was presumed dead. Charlotte may have lost her best friend that day, but Nick lost his twin sister, and Cara lost her daughter. The murder bought back memories to everyone in Little Kilton. The memories of the Sal Singh and Andie Bell case. The case that police couldn't solve, but Charlotte's mother, Pip, managed to solve at age 17. Charlotte had always admired her mum for that. Plus, it's how her mum and dad met, so basically without that case, Charlotte wouldn't exist. Cara had instantly gone to Pip when it first happened, and after the police closed the case because they couldn't find anyone responsible for the murder of Sadie Ward, Cara begged her best friend to try and solve it. But Pip told her 'I don't do that anymore Cara, I've got a family to look after, I can't risk losing them' Cara understood this and left it alone, forever left to mourn her daughter who's body was never found and her killer never arrested.

Present Day

It was the end of the summer holidays, and the start of Charlotte's final year at school before heading off to college. This was an important year for her, the end of her high school years, final exams, college applications all that stuff. Charlotte put on her jeans and sweater-vest before shoving her laptop and books into her maroon backpack and made her way downstairs to where her parents were, getting ready for work. "Good morning Lottie, you ready for your final year of high school?" Her dad asked, ruffling her hair ever so slightly.  Charlotte chuckled lightly at the feeling of her dad ruffling her hair. "Yeah dad, should be a good year! Bye, love you guys!" She shouted as she grabbed her car keys and shut the door behind her, walking to her car and starting it, heading off towards the house where the Wards' lived. It was still the same house that Cara and Naomi grew up in. After their mum died and their dad got arrested and charged for the murder of Charlottes uncle, the Ward sisters decided they just couldn't get rid of it as they felt like it was their last connection to their parents. Now, it was occupied by Naomi, Cara and Nicholas Ward.

Charlotte pulled up outside of the house. Despite having come here so much as a child, it felt different now. Despite her best friend living there, it felt different. It hadn't felt the same since Sadie went missing those 2 years ago. Charlotte snapped herself out of her thoughts and pulled out her emerald green phone, and called Nick. After three rings, he picked up. "What can I do for you, Lottie?" His voice spoke. Charlotte couldn't help but laugh. "Nick, you are aware its our first day back at school and I'm waiting outside your house for you in my car, aren't you?" She asked her friend, still laughing slightly. She heard Nicks feet hit the floor. "Shit! I forgot that was today! Give me 5 minutes and I'll be out!" His voice rang out. Before Charlotte could even utter the word 'Bye' he had hung up. "Well, that's just rude." She said out loud, joking to herself. Five minutes passed, and as promised, Nick was sat in her passenger seat. "Right, let's get to school shall we?" He said with his half brushed hair. Charlotte laughed quietly. "Yeah, come on, we're going to be late at this rate" She said as she pushed down on the pedal and drove towards Kilton Grammar. The place every person in Little Kilton has probably attended. 

Charlotte kept looking over to Nick, he acted okay, he told everyone he was okay. However, Charlotte knew he wasn't, him and his sister were as close as siblings could be. "Are you okay?" She asked the question she was dreading asking him. Nick kept looking away, driving through the streets, seeing the lamp posts with Sadie's missing posters still on them, he finally answered. "Yeah, I'm all good, thanks Lottie." The same answer she and everyone always got out of him. She didn't want to push him though. Charlotte pulled into the school car park and parked the car in their usual spot. She got out of the car, grabbing her backpack and her phone. "What subject do you have first Nicky?" She said, using her nickname for him. Nick looked down at his timetable. "English, you?" He asked the brown haired girl. "English as well." She said with a smile. There hadn't been a year they hadn't had classes together since year 7. They smiled at each other and made their way to the English classroom. They had their usual teacher, Mrs Ingram. "Welcome you two!" she said cheerfully as Nick and Charlotte took their seats. As the class went on, Charlotte couldn't stop thinking about Sadie's case and how the police had closed it without finding anything. Charlotte shrugged it off, she was always thinking about Sadie, after all, she was the sister Charlotte never had. However, as the day went on, she couldn't clear her mind of it. By the end of the day, she had decided she was going to do exactly what her mother did. Was it a bad idea? Most definitely, after hearing stories from her mum and what happened when she was solving cases. Did she care? No. She had to find out what happened to Sadie, and who killed her. She wasn't just doing this for herself, but for Cara and for Nick too. 

After meeting Nick at the car and waiting for him to get in, she drove towards his house to drop him off. She couldn't tell him yet what she had decided to do. The car ride home was silent, but not in an uncomfortable way. They were both tired from the first day back at school. After around 15 minutes passed, they arrived at Nicks' house. "Right, I will pick you up same time tomorrow. Be ready this time!" She said with a smile on her face. Nick chuckled. "Yes I will be ready tomorrow morning when you pick me up, Sarge."  Charlotte was taken aback. That's what her dad used to call her mum when they were younger. "Alright, see you tomorrow then." She said as she let him close the door of her black Peugeot 206 and she drove back home as fast as she could without breaking any laws. As she parked her car outside of her house, she grabbed her belongings and made her way indoors, hoping to just be able to make it straight into her room without her parents stopping her, She just wanted to get to work on what she had been thinking about all day since half 8 that morning. But as she got in, her mum stopped her. "So, how was your first day back?" She asked with a smile. Charlotte looked at her and smiled back. "It was good, got a lot of homework though so going to go and get started on that!" She said as she hugged her mum and ran up the stairs to her room, shutting the door behind her. She heard her dad say to her mum "Who does that remind you of?" Causing them both to laugh. Charlotte sat at her desk, getting her laptop out and placing it on there. She opened a word document as soon as everything had loaded and wrote the title in bold letters.

WHAT HAPPENED TO SADIE WARD?