1 | NO PLACE LIKE HOME

IMPORTANT: hey, thanks for reading! just a heads up... i wrote this story when i was literally 12 years old. given that fact, although i've edited the book a lot, there will still be a few grammatical/plot errors here and there. there's no need to point them out, because (hopefully) they won't stop you from enjoying the story! happy reading lovelies

[ ps the beginning of the story is kinda slow but it gets better pls bear w me :)))) ]

***

story playlist;

ava by famy
colors by halsey
gasoline by halsey
hallelujah by panic! at the disco
ride by twenty one pilots
1000 years by christina perri
photograph by ed sheeran
do i wanna know? by arctic monkeys
demons by imagine dragons
monster by imagine dragons
fix you by coldplay

***

As soon as I finished setting the last of my boxes on the floor, I flopped onto my bed in exhaustion, staring up at my plain white ceiling that was dotted with faded Hello Kitty stickers

As soon as I finished setting the last of my boxes on the floor, I flopped onto my bed in exhaustion, staring up at my plain white ceiling that was dotted with faded Hello Kitty stickers. It was crazy to think that just yesterday, I was lying on a different bed, living in an entirely different state. It was even more crazy that the bed I was laying on, I hadn't touched since I was eight years old.

For better or for worse, the room was exactly as I had left it seven years ago - before I was shipped off to live with my aunt in Nevada right after my mother had died (because of my dad's "economic instability", as my aunt had put it). With funeral costs, the paperwork, and my dad's demanding job as county the county sheriff, he didn't have the time and the money to raise two kids on his own. Go to Nevada for a little while, they said. It'll be fun, they said. You'll see your dad and brother again soon, they said.

That was seven years ago.

Now, there I was, at 15 years old and finally starting to make a life for myself in Nevada –when my aunt gets a call from my dad saying that although money was still short, he wanted me and my older brother, Stiles, to be together again – I could come home. Although I wasn't exactly thrilled to have to leave my life behind and go back to California, I didn't complain - if life has taught me one thing, it's that complaining does nothing.

I had only been back in Beacon Hills for a few hours, but I was beginning to adjust surprisingly quickly. The house hadn't changed much throughout the years, and clearly, my room had remained untouched. I had exchanged a few words with my dad as soon as I walked in (thankfully, it wasn't nearly as awkward as I'd expected it to be) but I had yet to see my older brother Stiles.

I was admittedly nervous for the encounter. Would he be nice? Mean? What kind of guy had he turned into? Would he even recognize me?