Chapter 1 - Afternoon Hunt & Afternoon Cat Pranks

Reminder: this is a work of fiction, a work of the writer's own imaginations. I also apologize for any errors that this book may contain. Enjoy reading dear readers. ( also please be kind the writer has a soft heart:)) )

Once upon a time a hungry cat went outside to find herself an afternoon treat. She likes to eat a delicious treat, so off she goes to the field. She saw a bird picking flowers immediately she hid under the ferns and grasses. She slowly walked towards the bird and off she jumped like a hungry feline. The bird was shock that he couldn't move and froze in the spot, the flowers he picked fell from his beak as he plastered a surprised look in his face. The cat laughed as she pointed at the poor birds face "You should have seen your face it was so funny I think my hunger has disappeared!" The cat said as she continued to laugh. The bird sighed as he picked his flowers and flew towards a nearby branch "Dear friend you should stop your pranks already as it might cause me to lose my feathers" The bird said as he placed the flowers in his nest. "I'm in a hunt for my afternoon snack when I saw you picking flowers, How would I not grab the chance to pull a prank" The cat replied. The poor bird shivered a bit and stared at his friend, praying that by saying hunting for an afternoon snack she didn't mean the bird itself. The cat most have felt what the bird was thinking and said "Don't worry my friends are not food!" The bird sighed in relief as he heard what the cat has said, he knows she is a friend but because of her non-stop pranks he fears that maybe one day he will becomes a cat's favorite snack. The cat invited the bird for a hunt which the bird refused to as he is busy decorating his nest for his wife. The cat bid goodbye and went to continue her hunt for an afternoon snack.

The cat was lying down on the field as tummy was filled by delicious treats. She was fast asleep as the afternoon sunlight and breeze hit her fur. The bird's wife saw the cat and stopped flying to greet the cat which the cat has sensed so the sleepy cat opened her eyes and greeted the bird back. "Where you hunting for snacks again dear cat?" The bird's wife asked. "Yes, and I am to take a nap from the exhaustion of hunting. Are you perhaps going home?" The cat asked back. "I am on my way to go home now after gathering food. Well, it was nice talking to you Ms. Cat I should take my leave as the sun will set soon" The bird said and flew away. The cat laid down again as she watched the sun set, the air around became cold which signaled her to go home as her owner must now be looking where the cat had gone. The cat stood up and started walking to the way home looking satisfied for today's afternoon hunt and surely is anticipating for tomorrows afternoon snack.