↳ 3 || THOMAS༉‧₊

𝓗𝓐𝓥𝓞𝓒, ᴡɪᴅᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ɢᴇɴᴇʀᴀʟ ᴅᴇsᴛʀᴜᴄᴛɪᴏɴ

Dove and Jinwoo found their way back to the National Hunter's consulate with relative ease. Jinwoo didn't talk particularly much and Dove was more than glad to fill in their silence. (Secretly, Jinwoo was even more glad to hear her talk his ear off.) Cameras flashed as they walked in together, questions being thrown their ever which way but both ignored them. Rather, Dove tugged Jinwoo in the direction of Jinchul, who smiled when he noticed her, in his slick black suit.

"Why didn't you answer my calls, Mr. Sung?" Jinchul asked, focusing on Jinwoo while returning the tight hug Dove was actively giving him. Jinwoo glanced at Dove's arms wrapped around Jinchul's chest and then at the soft look she got in return. His stomach turned and he couldn't help the small flicker of anger in his chest. He shoved his hands into the pockets of his black coat, fighting the urge to reach out and snatch Dove from him.

Shaking his head at his own ridiculousness, he responded. "Oh...I went somewhere with no reception."

Dove removed herself from Jinchul, mindlessly sending out one of her own light soldiers to get her another glass of apple juice, moving back to Jinwoo's side. Jinwoo's eyebrows creased slightly, "Then did you meet up with Mr. Yoo?"

"Who?" Dove perked up, glancing between the two men. Neither responded.

"What?" Jinwoo tensed by her side.

Jinchul continued, "He left after receiving a call from you. You said you were waiting for him at the Bureau..."

"What are you talking about? We just got back from there."

The original American Bureau representative spoke up for the first time since accompanying the duo back. "Mr. Yoo's name wasn't on any of the visitor logs."

Jinchul was the next to tense up, "What? That can't be right. A hunter from the Scavenger guild came to pick him up two hours ago..."

"It's true that the scavenger guild and the Federal Bureau of Hunter have a close relationship," the representative spoke up again, scrolling through his phone for any information about Jinho Yoo. "But they don't have the authority to act on our behalf."

He stepped away, currently on a call with one of the secretaries of the Bureau, but Jinwoo hand grabbed Dove's hand and rushed her out before the call was over. Dove was currently sprinting across building rooftops, blindingly following Jinwoo who still had his hand in hers. She would be impressed with his speed were she not currently focused on not twisting her ankles in her heels as she ran.

In a second an impressive amount of shadow soldiers exploded from his body and out into the darkness. She could only assume to find the man they had been talking about. They halted at the edge of one of the largest buildings, Jinwoo's eye filtered across buildings easily too focused to care about the looks Dove was sending him. She could practically feel the rage rating from his body like the soft glow of the purple smoke.