What you mean to me

You are on my mind more than I care to admit. I can't seem to forget you even when I know in my heart that I must. I know I can't stay here in a daydream of how things could have turned out differently. Yet, I can't stop thinking about you. It's pathetic, I know. It's wrong, I know.  You've moved on. You found love and have built upon that. You have a wonderful family that loves you. I envy you. I truly hope she knows how lucky she is. I hope she knows that she should never take you for granted. Letting you go would be a huge mistake. 

You have many wonderful qualities. To find a person like you is rare. It just doesn't happen very often for me. Perhaps this is why it is so hard for me to accept the reality of the situation.  Despite what you might think, the qualities I see in you are not as a result of a broken relationship or based on a distraction. Perhaps you think so because you can't see your own wonderful qualities. Maybe no one ever told you how valuable you are or how lucky they are to have you in their life or that losing you forever would be a soul crushing blow. 

I am honored to be able to call you a friend and to have you in my life even if I cannot be with you. I hope I never lose you. I wish you nothing but happiness and joy and a beautiful life.  Maybe someday I will find my kindred spirit and when I tell you about it, we can laugh together about my crazy antics.  Maybe by then I will have made up a really good excuse for my crazy but I doubt it.  

Until then, I just want to say Thank you for befriending me and helping me through a horrible time in my life. Your friendship really means a lot to me.