6 | halloween

[ look, you need to listen to Ben Barnes singing can't help falling in love before reading this chapter ]

☽︎

YOU'RE SAFE NOW.

HALLOWEEN WAS THE BEST TIME TO BE A HUFFLEPUFF

HALLOWEEN WAS THE BEST TIME TO BE A HUFFLEPUFF. The Muggle Born students threw the biggest party of the year, it complete with drinks and decorations and fun costumes. Danica usually loved it, especially since Halloween had fallen on a Hogsmeade weekend as well. That, combined with the feast were her favorite things.

But she hadn't spoken to Remus about anything other than Defense Against the Dark Arts in weeks. He kept everything incredibly professional between them in their private lessons. He'd even gone back to making her read out loud, which both knew she hated.

So, Danica was just sitting sadly on a couch in her Common Room, not even bothering to dance around to Monster Mash. She did look cute, at least. She was dressed as a lifeguard, which Claudia thought was hilarious given that she couldn't swim. The red, high-cut swimsuit fit her like a glove, showing off her short legs and smooth skin, not that anyone she cared about would see her in it.

"C'mon," Claudia said, finding her best friend. Claudia was dressed as a Muggle farmer. She reached for Danica's hand and pulled her up from the couch. "Cheer up. So Lupin is being a dick. Don't let him bring you down. He's literally just a man. Stop pining."

"You say that like you aren't always pining after that one," Danica said, pointing across the room to Cedric, who was dressed as a vampire.

"I mean, look at him," she said, sighing. "He's so dreamy. Hey, what are the odds that Cedric would want to double date with you and Professor Daddy?"

Danica rolled her eyes. "First, I need you to stop calling him that before someone hears. Second, that would require Cedric to actually want to date you."

"Damn," she muttered. "I see that his constant rejection is putting you in a shit mood. "

"No," she said even though that was the case. "You calling him Professor Daddy is putting me in a shit mood."

Claudia just shrugged. "Just dance with me, okay? I hate seeing you sad. You have such a pretty smile, and this is your favorite party of the year."

Eventually, Danica gave in and let her friend lead her to the center of the room. She let loose and began dancing, soon singing along to the Muggle rock songs that she was semi-familiar with because Hermione had shown her.