You're My Remedy

A/n sorry about the hiatus guys been busy with school and work. This is the last entry for the Jisoo trilogy, unless more are requested. Moving on to Jieun next.-Sygn

I gazed nervously at the clock. He should be home by now. I glanced towards the dinner table, we were meant to be having dinner together, it was fully set and the food on the table was stone cold. I should have known after all, Jisoo was never the best timekeeper. I smiled sadly to myself, even so I still love him.

I began to clear the table, a whole nights dinner wasted, but as I scraped the contents of the plate into the bin I heard the front door creak open. I don't look up.

"HeeJung.." he rasps. I look up , wondering why he sounds so breathless. "I'm sorry, HeeJung"

I gasp as I take in the state of Jisoo. He stands breathless bracing himself against the wall with his forearm. His breathing is heavy and ragged and soon I see why, his face is caked with blood.

"Oh my-" I gasp. "Jisoo what-"

I can't even finish my sentence.

"I'm fine, just a few scrapes. I'm sorry I missed dinner." He smiles trying to ease my worries, but fails as it only causes him to wince.

"At least let me clean those wounds." I plead.

He tenses at my words, his hatred of baths is really ridiculous but recently he had been getting better, but he knew I wouldn't back down on this.

I rush over to help him to the bathroom but he doesn't allow me to so instead I take his hand and gently lead him to the bath where he sits perched on the edge.

I turn on the hot tap, leaving it running for a few seconds to heat up, and grab a face towel from the rail. I soak the towel before wringing it out and start on his face, it's so caked in blood that I can't tell what the real damage is.

As I dab at his face the silence becomes unbearable.

"Are you going to tell me what happened?" I say quietly. He avoids my gaze.

I finish cleaning his face, there is no major damage the blood had come from a deep split at his eyebrow that would probably need stitches. I would take him to A&E in the morning to fix that.

I open the cupboard under the sink grabbing bandages and antiseptic wipes so that I could start on his hands.

I dab his knuckle gently with the wipe and he hisses.

"Sorry, but it needs to be done." He says nothing and it's beginning to tick me off.

After a few seconds he slowly turns his hand over and opens his fist to reveal a necklace.

"Is that-". I start but he cuts me off.

"The necklace I gave you before I lost my memories? Yes."

"But how? I thought I lost it that time at the art gallery." We had spent hours that day searching for it but it had been nowhere to be found. That small tribal silver necklace that meant the world to me.

"I found it eventually, but the chain was broken, so I took it to the jeweller" A blush rose in his cheeks and he shifted his eyes breaking eye contact. " I picked it up on the way home."

I pick up the pendant and gaze at it, it looks as good as new, fastening it loosely around my neck.

I finish up wrapping the bandages around his knuckles gingerly.

"But how did THIS happen?" I stress again he looks away embarrassed.

"I was mugged..." He murmurs.

He was....mugged?

" They tried to take it I had to stop them" he proclaimed.

I raise my hand to his cheek stroking it with my thumb whilst I grasp the pendant with my other hand.

"This necklace means a lot to me, but not as much as you mean to me. I never want to see you like this again, no matter the reason"

"They weren't mugging me for the necklace.."

My hand froze as he awkwardly shifted from the edge of the bath onto the floor.

"HeeJung, you've been the remedy to my jealousy, the bandage that's held me and my sister together these last few months and the love of my life..." He reached into his jacket pocket and brought out a small plain silver ring. "W-will you marry me?"