Gray Area Parents/Caretakers

Hello everyone. It's time for me to explain the parents/caretakers in the gray area. Again I will analyzing them based on what's established in HCD and what hasn't been established in HCD (nothing too spoilery).

We have 4 parents plus a couple of caretakers to talk about, so let's get to it.

The gray area consists of parents that aren't toxic, but also not really healthy either. They have a mixture of perks and flaws to them. They are shown to be good guardians but do need a bit of fixing. These are the parents/caretakers in the gray area.

Starting Off The List, We Have Microscope Retro. Professor of Gamey.

If you want to know why Gamey has a big fear of being alone forever, part of it does come from Microscope

If you want to know why Gamey has a big fear of being alone forever, part of it does come from Microscope. To describe why Microscope is in the gray area, there's one word that can describe it. Microscope is a WORKAHOLIC!!

When he had to become a single father after his wife went through an accident, he had to find a way to work while still taking care of Gamey. Because of the fact that he gave Gamey the robotic parts, he decided to use Gamey as a test subject to not only do both his work but take care of Gamey as well. Hence why Gamey considered himself a lab rat and would call Microscope his professor instead of his dad. This would also be the only time he and Gamey would actually get some bonding time as a whole.

As soon as he figured out that Gamey is friends with Controlly, he would use that as an advantage for the Plastations to babysit Gamey while he was still working.  When noticing that Gamey gets upset, he would mostly buy a lot of things for him to see if that would make him happy instead of comforting him. And if that doesn't work, he would just look at his robotic parts to see what's wrong with him as mentioned in the Thanksgiving special.

When Gamey hit the age of 10, that's when Microscope thought it would be a good idea to leave Gamey by himself while he goes to work. Which if you'd pay attention to Gamey, he does not like being alone whatsoever. And this is where that fear came from.

Now he's in the gray area for a reason. Like I said, after the accident that happened with his wife, that's when he started to become a workaholic.

Since his wife can't help him take care of Gamey, he had to work as much as he could so that he and Gamey can be at a stable home and so that Gamey can get all the stuff he needs. As confirmed in the Thanksgiving special, he and Gamey do have moments with each other where they can just have a small talk with each other. And speaking of, he was able to listen to Gamey when he told him he wanted to spend more time with him. And Microscope agreed that he would try to improve on that. And he made a promise to his wife that he will take care of Gamey and make sure he's safe and healthy. Microscope has a lot to improve, but if keeps giving Gamey the father son time that he wants, he'll become a better dad for it