Prologue: Arrival

Shido's POV

I was looking at the night sky with my little sister watching the stars. We do this to remember our parents.

Kotori: Onii-Chan, look at that!

I looked over to where Kotori was pointing and saw a shooting star.

Shido: (That star seems to be...heading towards us?!)

Shido: Kotori, let's go!

I grabbed my sister by the hand and ran away right before the star landed where we used to be.

Shido: *Concerned* Are you okay?

Kotori: Y-Yeah, I think so.

I got closer to the "star" but it turned out to be a guy near my age with spiky brown hair, red and black clothes, yellow clown-sized shoes, and a crown-shaped necklace. He seemed to be breathing but just barely.

Kotori: Is he okay?

Shido: He's alive but his clothes look damaged. Let's bring him inside the house.

Kotori nodded her head as I brought the guy inside but I swear I heard him say "None of this makes sense to me". I laid him on the couch as Kotori was sucking on a lollipop.

Kotori: He seems to be involved in a battle.

Shido: Huh?

Kotori: Look at his clothes, they seem to have burns on them, almost like something was attacking him.

I looked closer at the guy's clothes and she was right, they had burns. Looks like we need to get him new clothes.

-7 Days Later-

Y/N's POV

I opened my eyes to see the sunlight, where am I? I got up and noticed that my clothes were different.

Y/N: Woah, what's with my clothes?

I looked around and noticed that I was inside a house and I heard voices upstairs. I followed the voices and two voices.

???: There's no way someone can be asleep for seven days straight! Is that guy even human?!

??? 2: He's still breathing so he must be alive!

I heard footsteps walking toward the door, nervously I waited and saw the source of the voices: a boy and a girl.

Y/N: *Nervously* Uh, hey there

Boy: You're awake!?

Y/N: Yeah, sorry for causing you any trouble.

Girl: Oh no, you didn't cause us any trouble. Let us introduce ourselves, I'm Kotori Itsuka and this is my big brother Shido Itsuka. What's your name?

Y/N: I'm Y/N.

Shido: Well, nice to meet you Y/N. *Extends hand for a handshake*

Y/N: *Accepts the handshake* Nice to meet you as well, Shido. Were you the one who got me these new clothes?

Shido: Yeah, your old ones were pretty damaged, were you caught in a Spacequake?

Y/N: *Confused* Spacequake? What's that?

Kotori: You never encountered one?

Y/N: Nope.

Shido: Who attacked you then?

Y/N: You wouldn't believe me if I told you. Anyway, I'll be taking my leave.

Kotori: Wait!

I stop in my tracks before looking at Kotori who was fidgeting her fingers.

Kotori: Do you mind...staying with us?

Y/N and Shido: WHAT?!

Kotori: Think about it, Onii-chan. He doesn't have anywhere to go and whoever attacked him will come find him.

Y/N: I don't want to get you two involved in this-.

Shido: *Sighs* My sister is right, you'll be in danger.

I was debating whether to stay here with Shido and Kotori, on one hand: I'll have a place to stay and I can learn more about this reality. But on the other: Yozora will integrate them for my whereabouts and if I lost most of my powers when I arrived here, then... No, I can't think like that.

Y/N: I'll stay with you guys.

Kotori: Really?

Y/N: Yeah, really.

Shido: Well, I'll see if I can you enrolled in my school, alright?

Y/N: Alright. So, seeing as it's already nighttime, I'll sleep on the couch.

Shido: We actually have a guest room, I'll show it to you after I make dinner.

Y/N: Do you mind if I help you, I have experience cooking.

Shiod: You don't have to do that.

Y/N: No no, I insist. It's the least I can do.

Shido: Alright, you win.

Shido and I made dinner while I tried to remember one of Little Chef's recipes and I luckily did.

Kotori: Wow, where did you learn to cook like that, Y/N?

Y/N: Well, I had some help from someone.

Shido: Well, they taught you well because that meal was the best I'd ever eaten.

Y/N: Thanks.

I cleaned the dishes and after that, Shido showed me where I would be sleeping.

Shido: Well, I sent an email to my school about you enrolling so I'll let you know if you got accepted in the morning.

Y/N: Alright.

I lay on the bed as soon as he left before pulling Kairi's lucky charm and I noticed it had changed color. It used to be pink and blue but now, it's all blue.

Y/N: (That's...strange.)

I thought nothing of it and closed my eyes.