Not so little

Chapter 6

The atmosphere in the cafe remained tense after Lucy's abrupt departure. YN stared down at the oversized cup in front of her, feeling a mix of annoyance and resignation. Kunikida glanced around the table, sensing the need to ease the tension
."Let's try to enjoy our time here," Fukuzawa suggested, his tone attempting to soothe the discomfort. "YN, why don't you tell us more about yourself?"
YN sighed softly, her tiny features showing a hint of confusion. "I... don't really remember much before I appeared in Kunikida's office," she stated. "It's like waking up in a strange place with no memory."
Tanizaki leaned forward, his expression sympathetic. "That must be really confusing," he offered gently. "But you're safe here with us. We'll help you figure things out."
YN nodded slowly, her eyes flickering around the table as she took in the faces of the agency members. "Thank you," she murmured sincerely, a small smile tugging at her lips.
Ranpo, the observant one, finally spoke up, "Well, since you're here now, YN, Do you have an ability?" he asked.
Kunikida raised an eyebrow, intrigued yet cautious. "What do you mean, Ranpo?"
Ranpo leaned back in his chair, his grin widening. "You said YN was created from your ideals, right? So theoretically, she should be able to help us in various ways, depending on what you wrote"
Kunikida hesitated, considering Ranpo's suggestion carefully. "I suppose... in theory, yes. But I'm not sure how much control I have over what YN can do."
YN, who had been listening intently, spoke up with newfound determination. "I want to help," she declared firmly, her voice carrying a surprising amount of resolve for someone so small. "Even if I don't have an ability."
The other agency members chimed in with words of support, their initial skepticism giving way to curiosity and acceptance. YN smiled gratefully, feeling a sense of belonging she hadn't expected to find so soon after her creation.
YN then gazed at the oversized cup, muttering to herself, 'First, I need to figure out how to drink this.' She cautiously approached the cup and peered inside, her reflection faintly visible in the dark liquid.
As everyone looked on, YN peered into the cup, then cautiously dipped her tiny hand into the drink and took a hesitant lick. "EW!" she exclaimed, scrunching up her face in disgust.
Dazai chuckled. "Figures. Most young people can't handle the taste of coffee."
YN turned to Kunikida with a blank expression. "Where's the waiter? I need a new drink."Kunikida gestured for Lucy to come over. "She'd like another drink," he said calmly.
"I'm not sure if you used expired beans or forgot the sugar, but that was awful," YN complained bluntly.
Lucy's fists clenched, her expression darkening. "You disrespectful brat. No one insults my coffee and gets away with it.
YN glared up at Lucy and retorted sharply, "Why don't you just get me a different drink? Your boss won't have to get involved."
Lucy responded with an angry tone, "Go and make it yourself, because I'm not," and then she stomped away in frustration.
Atsushi attempted to calm the situation. "YN, it's okay. She's always like this."
However, YN was adamant about not being treated poorly. With a hefty glare, she turned to Kunikida. "Get the boss. I want to talk to him."
Fukuzawa intervened gently, "Getting the boss involved might be a bit much."
It was too late; the boss of the Cafe was walking toward them. Other patrons at the restaurant watched with curiosity and a hint of concern as he approached, creating a quiet chatter and whispering speculation.