Chapter 16: Taste of Life

JUNE gazed from a traumatized Flor to an even more confused Aporia. She didn’t have that same ache for her as she did before. She was still other worldly, but it compared nothing to what June felt for Flor. Not even the beautiful stranger that just said they were… family?

    “Are you my Aunt?” June asked the beautiful woman in the green suit.

    The woman laughed, her low cadence seeming to echo throughout the large room and Aporia was clearly affected by the woman especially from what her and Flor had interrupted. June was still reeling from the news of her possible parentage. Even from her and Flor. Almost dying. Oh and the teleportation Flor casually put her through ten minutes ago.

    “Darling, we aren’t blood related so we could have sex to our hearts desires if we so pleased. But spiritually, we are familiar. You feel it, just as I do.” The woman Lilah said.

    Flor woke up out of her tailspin, at the woman’s flirtatious tone. “Lilah, mind your own Binary Bond.”

    Lilah leveled Flor with a beseeching glare. That reminded June of her days in foster care. “You’ve had near half a millennia in the sheets with My Pair… I’d watch your privilege, Desire. Do know your place. Mere hours ago, you ached for my Diadem between your thighs. My kiss upon your lips. Have a care.” She threatened.

    Aporia faced Lilah as June reached for Flor's arm, which she near flinched from her touch.

    “Don’t you threaten Flor like that. Ever. She is my lover and my best-friend. You will treat her kindly, Lilah.” Aporia threatened the mysterious woman named Lilah.

    The woman tossed her lustrous hair, giving Aporia a bold look. Aporia didn’t back down. “I know you only listen Lilah, because you want me for something. You said it has to do with your throne you lost and Enila? Whose apparently fathered many children including June; to my one, that got me Banished and my son murdered.”

    That was June’s tipping point. “Can you all stop saying this woman is my father! This is all seriously fucked up!”

    Flor looked at June, her expression torn. “June, baby.” She went to her, and June wanted to cry at her reluctance. To have something so new being restrained already; it was too much for her. She wanted to leave yet couldn’t. She had to know more. “I’m sorry to tell you, but I think they’re right. You’re familiar to me June, because of Enila. I didn’t notice it before because I thought you were human. I didn’t know Enila and Enil were one and the same either. But it’s starting to make sense. We knew she had multiple children. It is a jarring fact that everyone knows but doesn’t speak about. No one even mentions Enila’s or Enil’s name in the open.”

    June kept Flor’s gaze, feeling her urge to look away. “Don’t be like that.” June told her. Flor was blocking her emotions and she could feel it like cold ice between them. “Not here. Not now. You came into my life, you answered my call. Don’t deny me now. I can’t fucking handle it if you do.”

    Flor swallowed hard. “OK. I won’t June,” she grabbed her hand again.

    Aporia frowned, her lips pursed tight. “How come I haven’t heard about any of this about Enila? Flor?”

    Flor looked from Aporia to Lilah. “Aporia, your past out does mine by a thousand years or more. Let’s not compare fallacies. Other Immortals are weary of you, so they aren’t likely to gossip to you; when they gossip about you.”

    Aporia gave her a head nod as the woman Lilah, continued to assess June. “You’ve the flavor of memory Halfling. That is the source of Enila’s chaos. It could also be her sanity.”