Moving again

I should have known that this would happen again. Mama keeps moving us place to place in Jersey because she always says it is for work. But I think by now my sister and I know the real reason. Well...maybe it is just me, not really sure anymore? All I hear from my sister is, "when am I getting a flip phone?" Or, "MOOOMM! I can't leave my friends!" Or, "MOM, EVAN IS BEING WEIRD AGAIN!" Just whining by now. But thankfully I'm use to it. I'm also used to moving a lot. I don't make any friends anymore. Which is okay, to what Habit says! I've known him my WHOLE life. I've told mama about him and she just smiles at me. I think she believes that he is real. My sister doesn't.
Right now I'm packing the last box in my so-called room. I've only been in here for a few weeks. Mostly the entire summer but it's never really felt like home. I don't even remember that much of my first house. Only thing I can remember is flashes of it. A room, a hallway, stairs, then kitchen, the knives, the tiles on the kitchen floor, then red being poured on them, then purple surrounding me. I'm used to purple surrounding me. I call them purple outs but mama calls them blackouts. She says it'll go away eventually. I've been trying to asked my sister if she remembers anything about our first house. She was older than me. But everytime I do she always yells at me. The yelling keeps going on and on to the point Habit thinks she is now a bad influence. Just like me dad.
He's gone now.

Finally after placing the last drawing I made I start to close the box. Mama says we have to tape all the boxes so no bugs get in. I agree with her. I look around the room and notice the tape I was using was all out of tape. "Dammit" I say. I know swearing is bad but Habit says it's fine! "₩Ⱨ₳₮ ₮ⱧɆ ₣Ʉ₵₭ ₳ⱤɆ ɎØɄ ₩Ⱨł₦ł₦₲ ₳฿ØɄ₮ ₦Ø₩?" Habit says. He is sitting on one of the boxes that were in the room sharping one of his knives. I think it is a machete. He's been teaching me about all the weapons he has. He even has names for them! "Nothing. Just out of tape." I say. I tell him mostly everything. Usually if there is a problem he always has a solution!
He glares up at me and stops sharping his machete. Even though he is basically just glowing purple and is kind of in the shape of a rabbit. I can tell the looks he gives me. Maybe it is because he is making it more obvious now! I have seen that he has eyes and a mouth now! He keeps glaring at me but then stops and places his machete on the box then grabs something from behind the box and then throws it at me. "Ow.." I whine a bit. It did hurt, he threw it at my head! "ØⱧ ₴₮Ø₱ ฿ł₮₵Ⱨł₦₲ ₳ⱠⱤɆ₳ĐɎ ₳₦Đ ₩Ɽ₳₱ ł₮ Ʉ₱." he told me. Even though it hurt I never say no or back down to him. He's my friend! I look at the thing he threw at me and saw that it was new tape. But it was purple. Mama would question how I got this. It would be okay though, I always tell her the truth!
I start taping the box and I start to hear the scratches of the machete that Habit is sharping. I don't look up, he doesn't like being stared at. I kind of learned that the hard way. Now I have a scar on my eye. But it is healing! The box is finally tape and I smile at my success! "฿ł₮₵Ⱨ Ø₣ ₳ ₥Ø₥ ₳₮ ₮₩ɆⱠVɆ Ø'₵ⱠØ₵₭." Habit says. I turn my head to the door and see mama just staring at me. "Hi mama!" I say. She didn't seem to hear me. She looked zoned out for a second but then snapped out of it and smiled. "Do you have everything ready? We are leaving in a minute." She says. I nod and smile and point at the boxes. She smiles at what I did and starts taking some out the door.
There weren't many boxes due to me not owning a lot of things like I use to. Each year on my birthday I get rid of things. I burn them. Habit says it sends them to the candle universe. I don't know what that is but it sounds cool. He's says I've been there before but I know I haven't. My sister finds it weird and keeps telling mama. She says that it's not weird at all...but I think that is one of the reason why we keep moving. It's not my fault though. It's just me growing up! Habit says it all the time!
"We are leaving soon so say goodbye to your room okay?" Mama says. I hand her the box I just taped and give her a smile and nod. She smiles at me back at then takes the box out of the room. She stands in the hallway again, looking around the room. Until her eyes lay upon something. Habit always says that mama can't see him, only I can. But every now and then I'm starting to believe mama can see him. Because right now she is starting right at him...he's staring back as well... I didn't know if I should be worried or even say something. Habit didn't really like being interrupted. But right now it was kind of scaring me. "Mama..?" I mumble, so she could snap out of it. It worked, like always and she looks at me and smiles. "Sorry..." She mumbles, "Your sister is already in the car. Come along." she heads down the hallways and down the stairs.
I'm quiet and look over at Habit. I can't tell if he is mad, worried, scared, sad, or maybe he just didn't care. That was mostly his only emotion. "Sorry...did I do something wrong?" I say. Not knowing what else to say. "₣Ʉ₵₭ ₦Ø,Ɏ₳Ⱨ гР₥Ɇ ₳ ₣₳VØⱤ." He's say. Good. I'm not in trouble. I smile and then stand up. He is still sharping his machete, I don't know why he is but he is. I ignore it as always and then turn to my window. I like looking outside. We had a woods in our backyard. It was nice. Well besides one thing...it was always there. Just staring...but it had no eyes. But I know it was staring.
I walk over to my window and I don't see it. I'm happy that it is not here! I think it thinks that we are no longer here and we are already gone. Or maybe the medicine mama gave me is working! Hopefully. I don't like seeing it in my room when it is dark. It always happens...at 3:33 AM. I wake up and it's there...in the corner of my room...
...staring at me...
But hopefully the pills are working! "₵ⱠØ₴Ɇ ₮ⱧɆ ₵ɄⱤ₮₳ł₦₴ ł₣ ɎØɄ ĐØ₦'₮ ₩₳₦₮ ₮Ø ₴ɆɆ ł₮, ₣Ʉ₵₭ ⱧɆ₳Đ!" Habit says. I do as he says. Mama wants to keep the curtains here. She does that with every house we've been in. I don't know why but she just does. Maybe it's because of all the purple tape that is always left on it? That has been happening recently. This time, that is not my fault! My sister thinks it is but it is not. "We should probably go." I say. I finally look away from the window and at Habit. He finally stops sharpening his machete and puts it in his pocket and nods at the door. I always have to go first. Then he follows. "ɎØɄ Ⱨ₳VɆ ₮ⱧɆ ₵ⱤɎ₴₮₳Ⱡ, Ɽł₲Ⱨ₮?" He asks. I look at him and nod. I pull out the rock he is talking about. It is a purple rock. He calls it a friendship rock or something. But he never wants it to break, he's says it's really important. It can keep us together. Friendship!
He stares at the rock and then walks over to me. I notice his shadow on the wall. It's not scary to me anymore. It looks like a demon rabbit. I'm paying more attention to that at the moment and then I spot that he is right in front of me. "ⱧɆɎ, ₣Ʉ₵₭ ₣₳₵Ɇ! ₴₮Ø₱ ₴₮₳Ɽł₦₲ ₳₮ ₮ⱧɆ ₩₳ⱠⱠ ₳₦Đ ₣Ø₵Ʉ₴ ₣ØⱤ Ø₦₵Ɇ!" He says. I jump back a bit because I didn't know that he was like right there. "Sorry...it's not cracked." I tell him. I can never break the rock so I always have to say I didn't break it. He stares at me, the stare is yet disturbing. But I don't show my fear. He's told me many time that fear is just weakness. And I listen. "₲ØØĐ Ⱡł₮₮ⱠɆ Ɽ₳฿฿ł₮!" He said, patting my head. Smiling sinfully. I don't mind it and appreciate the pats. I did something good!

We have been in the car for almost two hours. I'm in the back seat while mama and my sister are in the front. Habit is next to me as always. "₴Ø ₩ⱧɆⱤɆ ł₴ ₮ⱧɆ ฿ł₮₵Ⱨ ₮₳₭ł₦₲ Ʉ₴ ₦Ø₩?" Habit says. He quotes to mama. I look at him and shrug. He does not take that well, "₵₳₦ ɎØɄ ₣Ʉ₵₭ł₦₲ ₳₴₭?" He says, sounding angry. I nod, "So where are we moving to?" I ask mama. Mama is quiet for a few seconds. All I hear is my sister typing away on her new phone for those seconds. "₵₳₦ ₴ⱧɆ ₣Ʉ₵₭ł₦₲ ₳₦₴₩ɆⱤ?" Habit whispers. "We are moving somewhere in the central side. It's not really known however." Mama finally said. "Oki!" I say smiling. I look up at the mirror that is in the car and I see mama smile as well.
"₵Ɇ₦₮Ɽ₳Ⱡ ₴łĐɆ Ø₣ JɆⱤ₴ɆɎ. ₮Ⱨ₳₮'₴ ₣Ʉ₵₭ł₦₲ ₩Ø₦ĐɆⱤ₣ɄⱠ." Habit says. I couldn't tell if he was being sarcastic or not but I just smile at him. He is not looking at me, he is looking out the window. I look back in front of me and at the mirror. I noticed mama looking worried and annoyed again. I don't think much of it but I know one thing...she can see him just as I can.
Why is he lying to me?

We eventually make it to the house and I rush out the car. The house isn't too bad. It reminds me of a boat house. It also has a BIG WOODS in the backyard! REALLY COOL! I'm beaming with joy until I spot my sister who looks disgusted. "₣Ʉ₵₭ł₦₲ ₮ɆɆ₦₳₲ɆⱤ₴." Habit says. I shrug at his comment and then run back to the car and grab the box with the purple tape. That was the box with all my drawings. "Which is my room?" I ask mama. She is looking at the house and then looks down at me. "Any. You can choose any room you like!" she says. My eyes beam with joy and I run to the house. I wanted the best room! "₵ⱧØØ₴Ɇ Ø₦Ɇ ₩ł₮Ⱨ ₮ⱧɆ ₣Ɇ₩ ₩ł₮Ⱨ ₮ⱧɆ ₮ⱤɆɆ₴." Habit says. Even though house fast I am going he is right by my side. I take his word and go into the room with the best tree view!
"Is this good?" I ask him. He is quite for a second and is looking around and smiles that sinful smile. "₱ɆⱤ₣Ɇ₵₮!" He says. I love that he likes it! I smile and drop the box I had in my hands and start taking the stuff out of it.

My room was all set up and I had to go to bed at 7. Mama says I have school tomorrow! She also says we can stay the entire year or even longer if things get better. I don't know what that meant but I liked to stay longer. I liked this place. It felt like home. Habit liked it as well. He started taping the curtains with his purple tape. He called it decorations. It was nice, I guess. I was in bed. Cuddling my rabbit plushy, I've always loved rabbits. Purple ones because purple has been my favorite color recently. "You ready for your first day tomorrow?" mama says from the doorway. I look up at her and nod. Smiling. "Well good. Maybe with school things can be a bit better from now on. Normal." she walks over to my bed at sits on it. Brushing my hair out of my eyes. I didn't know what she meant by normal but okay. I smile at her. "Hopefully!" I say. That is the only thing I think of.
She smiles at me again and kisses my head. "Goodnight Evan!" she says. "Night night mama!" I smile at her again. I love mama. And I always will. She smiles at me and then walks out of my room turning out the light. I see her smile for another few seconds but then it fades. Is she sad? She leaves the room and closes the door. I hope she is not sad, she should be happy! "₩ⱧɎ ₮ⱧɆ ₣Ʉ₵₭ ĐØɆ₴ ₴ⱧɆ ₴₮łⱠⱠ ₵₳ⱠⱠ ɎØɄ ɆV₳₦. ₮Ⱨ₳₮ ł₴ ₦Ø₮ ɆVɆ₦ ɎØɄⱤ ₦₳₥Ɇ!" Habit says in the shadows of my room. "Because she likes that name more then my real name." I say. "₩Ⱨ₳₮ɆVɆⱤ ₴łӾ ɎɆ₳Ɽ ØⱠĐ." and just like that. He was gone. I sigh and start to close my eyes and I fell asleep.
....or so I thought....

I woke up at the same time, 3:33 AM and it was there. Staring at me. I stare at it back, scared. I don't want it to be in my room anymore. I want to sleep. But it doesn't listen. But I don't care. I want it gone. I want to grab a baseball bat and hit it. A metal one. I just want it gone...GONE!

...I wake up to the sound of my sister whining about waking up. It wasn't in my room anymore... "₲ØØĐ ₥ØⱤ₦ł₦₲ ₴₮₳Ɽ ₴Ⱨł₦Ɇ..." Habit says. First day of school...i wonder how this will change my life. Or make it normal? Whatever my mom said.