New friend?

The car drive to school was quite as always. Me and my sister went to different schools so once she left there was only the sounds of the car going over the road. Mama isn't mad at me, she is just always quite. But I do notice that she keeps looking in the review mirror. I think I heard her last night as well...before it showed up. I don't know who she was talking to but they sounded mad. Their laugh was familiar as well. Sinful. I look next to me and Habit is right there, staring back up at the review mirror. I just figured out what that mirror was! I decided not to ask about what was going on because like I said before, Habit doesn't like being interrupted. So I kept quiet.
     Eventually, mama stopped the car. I look out the window and see a big but small building. I guess this was school. I noticed a lot of kids walking up to the school. Some taller some smaller. Some my age then older. "₣ⱤɆ₴Ⱨ ₥Ɇ₳₮." Habit says. I'm confused by that. I look over at mama and she is getting out of the car and walking over to my side of the car. She opens the door and smiles. "Are you excited?" she asks me. I smile and nod. "Yep!" this is a new experience for me. I've been to daycare and parks but this is new. Mama says I am starting 1st grade so this is basically REAL school. Not daycare. Which sounds very cool but I'm a bit nervous. "₳ⱤɆ ɎØɄ JɄ₴₮ ₲Øł₦₲ ₮Ø ₴ł₮ ₮ⱧɆⱤɆ Ⱡł₭Ɇ ₳ ⱤɆ₮₳ⱤĐ ØⱤ ₳ⱤɆ ₩Ɇ ₲Øł₦₲?" Habit said.
     I get out of the car, holding onto my rabbit plushy. Mama takes my hand and walks me to the front of the building. I stare up at it, it was blocking the sun. Mama stops at the door and let's go of my hand. I hold on to my rabbit plushy a bit more. The worried feeling turns into fear. But fear is weakness. I shouldn't be scared. "You have nothing to worry about." Mama says. I look up at her. Seeing her smile again. "It's just like daycare. I'll be back at 3. You don't have anything to worry about." she says. I stay quiet for a few seconds. Looking at the building. It doesn't seem to bad. I sigh with encouragement and then look back at mama and smile. "There is my brave boy!" she says. With the same smile. She kneels down to me and gives me a hug and kisses my head. "You are going to do great! Mr. H will be with you the entire time!" She patted my rabbit's head. That was what his name was! It was Habit's idea once I got him.
     I smile at her and nod. She smiles at me, "Now run along. Don't be late." she says. I nod again and head inside. "₲Ɇ₮ ⱤɆ₳ĐɎ ₣ØⱤ ɎØɄⱤ ₣łⱤ₴₮ Đ₳Ɏ Ø₣ ⱧɆⱠⱠ..." Habit said. He must know what school is.

     I found my classroom pretty quick and it was actually really fun! It was just like daycare. They had the blocks, the puzzles, the games, the mat, the tables, and the snacks. Just like daycare! The kids were different but that was okay. I had my own things to do. Until my teacher said we need this thing called partners. "This will be a two partner activity! Today we will be drawing something. You and your partner." My teacher said. "₮Ⱨł₴ ł₴ ₩₳Ɏ ₩ØⱤ₴Ɇ ₮ⱧɆ₦ ₮ⱧɆ ₦ł₦Ɇ₮ɆɆ₦ ₣ØⱤ₮łɆ₴." Habit mumbled. I look over at him, "I thought you said that was your favorite time?" I whisper. "ł₮ ł₴ ĐɄ₥฿₳₴₴. ł'₥ JɄ₴₮ ₴₳Ɏł₦₲ ⱧØ₩ ₮Ⱨł₴ ł₴ ₩ØⱤ₴Ɇ." Habit said. Whatever you say.
     My teacher started handing out pieces of paper at each table, then she allowed the kids in the room to choose who to be with. I stayed put. I didn't know anyone here and I didn't know what they were like. So I was quite and stayed still. "₲ØØĐ Ɽ₳฿฿ł₮." Habit said. I smile until I spot my teacher next to me. I look up at her. "Evan, do yow want to choose anyone for this project?" She asks me. I look up at her and shake my head. "₦Ø ฿ł₮₵Ⱨ, ₩ⱧɎ ₩ØɄⱠĐ ⱧɆ ₵ⱧØØ₴Ɇ Ⱨł₥₴ɆⱠ₣ ØVɆⱤ ₮ⱧɆ₴Ɇ ₵ⱤɆ₳₮ɄⱤɆ₴." Habit said. My teacher looked around the room and spotted that everyone had a partner...besides one kid. She smiles. "How about you and Michael?" she asked me. I look at her and then at the kid she was talking about. "₩Ⱨ₳₮ ₮Ɏ₱Ɇ Ø₣ ₮₩ł₦₭ ₦₳₥Ɇ ł₴ ₮Ⱨ₳₮?" Habit said.
     Across the classroom sat a boy with light brown hair, two bandages on his face, wearing a light purple blue sweater, and brown pants. I stare at him for a few seconds and for some reason I feel safe? Safe around him? I don't know why but I do. I look up at my teacher and nod. She smiles at me and then takes my hand and walks me over to him. Once we make it over to the table I kind of hide behind my teacher a bit. I got a bit scared. "Michael," she says. He looks zoned out for a second but then snaps out of it and looks up at her then at me. "Did you hear what the assignment was?" she asks. He is quite but then nods. She smiles, "Well, I believe this is a good learning opportunity to get to know other kids here. For example, Evan. This would be both a good learning opportunities for the both of you." I had no idea what my teacher said but okay.
     I kind of stop hiding behind my teacher and both me and Michael stare at each. He smiles at me. Maybe he gets the same feeling as well. I smile back, the worry is gone and I let go of my teachers hand and walk over to Michael. We both start engaging into a conversation. He does get the feeling as well. My teacher smiles at us and walks away. I look back at the table I was sitting at and spot that Habit was still there. Watching the entire time. A very sinful watch. But I ignore it and we start the drawing project that our teacher was talking about.
     "So what should be in the background?" I ask. "Hmmm...maybe a clock or..." "THE WOODS!" I interrupt Michael, accidentally. "YES! THE WOODS!" He said excited. He didn't seem to mind. "I have a woods in my backyard. My brother and I are always back there. But once when it was just me I found this clock. It was never there before until now!" Michael said. He started drawing the the trees "A clock?!" I ask, actually excited and interested. "Mhm," he starts drawing the clock, "I will hopefully show Shaun it today or later. He doesn't believe me but I'll show him!" he smiles when he is down drawing the clock. I flip it around. "A grandfather clock." I say. "That's what they're called!" he said. We are both staring at it in wonder. Now I'm wondering if he can see it as well. "Sense you have a woods in your backyard do you see something that isn't a tree it looks like a person but it's not?" I ask. Michael is quite for a few seconds, coloring in the clock until he stops and looks up at me. "Does it not have eyes...?" he says. "Or a mouth..." I say. We stare at each other in silence not knowing what to say. But he knows who I'm talking about...he has seen him to.

     Mama was right, she picked me up at 3 and we drove home. I explain to her how I made a new friend and talked about the clock he sees in his woods. I didn't bring up the tall man though. I have never told her about it. But I'm glad Michael deals with the same thing. Sort of. He sees it only by the clock, never after that. But he does know what I'm talking about! But he is my new friend now and I hope that we an stay in this place longer.
     "₴Ø ₩ⱧØ ł₴ ₮ⱧɆ ₮₩ł₦₭?" Habit asks once we made it to my room. "The who?" I ask. "₮ⱧɆ ₮₩ł₦₭." he says again. I am confused of what he is talking about. I start to tape up the picture me and Michael made until Habit slams me into the wall, holds me by the throat, and grabs the picture. "₩ⱧØ ł₴ ⱧɆ?" He demands. He points his finger at the drawing that resembles Michael. I get a little bit scared. I didn't like the way Habit acted when this stuff happens. I feel tears start forming my eyes. "Ø ɎØɄⱤ Øł₦₲ Ø ₵ⱤɎ ฿ØɄ₮ ₮Ⱨł₴? ₴Ʉ₵₭ ł Ʉ₱...Ⱨ₳฿ł.." he said my real name. He knew I didn't like being called that. "DON'T CALL ME THAT!" I cry. Tears now falling. "Ʉ₵₭ ł Ʉ₱," He grabs my throat even harder and to the point where I can't even breath, "ł'ⱠⱠ łVɆ ɎØɄ ₴Ø₥Ɇ₮Ⱨł₦₲ Ø ₵ⱤɎ ฿ØɄ₮..." He then stopped holding me against the wall and slammed me to the ground. He then took out his machete and started to run it down my face. It hurt really badly. I started to cry while he just laughed. He grabbed my throat even harder again and I couldn't breath at all. He was choking me.
     I saw the blood that was coming from my face and hitting the carpet. I felt like I was going to pass out, until we heard footsteps coming up the stairs. Fast. Habit stopped holding me down and disappeared. But before he did, he threw his machete right at the wall, close to the door. I gasp for air and the pain from my face was still there. I sit up, breathing getting faster. He wasn't going to kill me, wasn't he? I then spot mama in the door way. Looking terrified. I look at her, still crying. She runs to me and hugs me. Doing her best to calm me down. Was Habit going to kill me? My friend...was he actually going to kill me?