CHAPTER FOUR

"DON'T CRASH

"DON'T CRASH." That was the advice that Olivia gave Oliver Bearman when he told her he would be making his F1 debut in place of Carlos Sainz. "Wow...thank you for your brilliant advice Liv." He said sarcastically.

"You're welcome." Olivia replied dryly as she scrolled away on her phone. "You're not even a little bit concerned?" Olivia picked up the edge in his voice and the way he fiddled with his hands that were rested on the table in front of him. Liv wasn't one to show her emotions much, only every along a select few to see her vulnerable side.

And if she were honest? She'd tell you that she was terrified to see such a young kid get behind the wheel of a Formula One car. "You'll be fine." She says reassuringly.

Oliver sighs and runs his hand through his hair, "You say that but what if I crash?!"

"Ollie, I'm going to give you a word of advice and I want you to listen carefully to what I'm about to say." Oliver leaned in a little to hear her better, "I have been around Formula One drivers my whole life. I've seen young guys come in and crack under pressure because they get in their own head and put too much responsibility on themselves."

"Do you think Max Verstappen had it all planned out when he drove out on track for the first time? Do you think he knew what he was doing?" Oliver lowered his eyes towards his hands, fiddling with his bracelet.

"I'm going to be honest, the path ahead won't be easy." She spoke up softly, "But you need to remember that other people's opinions will never define you as a driver. You're not the next Lewis Hamilton but you are the next Ollie Bearman." She cringed, "Ew! That was so cheesy."

She watch as Oliver let out a laugh at her face. Olivia rolled her eyes, waving a dismissive hand at the Brit. "Now go annoy Brina or something." The young driver obliged, making his way towards his teammates drivers room.

ᯓ★

"THERE'S OUR DRIVER!" One of the mechanics said as the drivers drove by. Some of Ollie's team at Prema (including Brina and Liv) came out to show support towards the young Brit.

While Sabrina was making mocking face towards the Brit  Olivia caught Max's eye and gave him a tiny wave. Max had looked behind him, assuming it probably for Daniel but when he turned and saw no one was there he sent her a big grin and small wave back.

"Listen, I'm okay with you pining for my sister behind my back but please, not in front of me."

Daniel gave his friend a grossed out expression. Max simply shrugged. "Can't help that your sister is the most beautiful woman alive." Daniel rolled his eyes, "Beautiful is a strong word. I mean— have you seen how she looks after she wakes up?" Max nodded, "I have actually and she was even prettier."

Daniel looked like he was close to killing Max in that moment. Completely getting the wrong idea. Max held his hands up in a 'I surrender' position.

"It was in 2017 when I stayed at your house in Austraila after the Melbourne GP. I ran into her in the kitchen." Daniels's protective expression was replaced by his well loved grin. Oh right, sorry mate! Completely forgot about that." He released a chuckle as he  walked off to chat with Charles about something.

"Always the quiet ones." He said as he let out a sigh if relief.