Let go of my hand

The battlefield lay in ruins, a testament to the fierce clash between hero and villain. Smoke hung heavy in the air, obscuring the once-blue sky. Amidst the rubble, Izuku Midoriya stumbled, his green eyes wide with desperation. His trembling hand reached out, fingers brushing against the cold, blood-streaked ground.

"Let go of my hand," Ochaco Uraraka whispered, her voice barely audible over the chaos. Her brown eyes bore into his, a mix of sorrow and determination. Her grip weakened, fingers slipping from his, and Izuku's heart shattered.

They had fought side by side, their quirks complementing each other perfectly. Ochaco's gravity manipulation and Izuku's One For All had made them an unstoppable duo. But now, as the dust settled, reality crashed down upon them.

The war had taken its toll. Friends had fallen, sacrifices made. The weight of it all pressed on Izuku's chest, threatening to suffocate him. He couldn't lose Ochaco too—not after everything they'd been through.

"Why?" Izuku's voice cracked. "Why are you letting go?"

Ochaco's lips quivered, and she glanced away. "Because we can't keep holding on to each other, Midoriya. Not like this."

He wanted to argue, to plead with her. But the truth hung heavy between them—their dreams, their hopes—they were slipping away. Ochaco's family had been evacuated, and she had stayed behind to fight. Izuku had promised to protect her, but the battlefield had other plans.

He remembered the first time they'd met, back at U.A. High. Ochaco's determination to become a hero, her unwavering kindness—it had drawn him in. And somewhere along the way, he'd fallen for her. But love was a luxury they couldn't afford now.

"Ochaco," Izuku's voice cracked again, "we can survive this. Together."

She shook her head, tears glistening in her eyes. "We're both broken, Izuku. Our paths diverge here. You have a destiny to fulfill, and I have mine."

Destiny. The word echoed in Izuku's mind. He had always believed in it—the idea that heroes were meant to rise above adversity, to protect others. But now, as he faced losing Ochaco, destiny felt cruel.

He reached for her hand again, desperate. "We can find a way. We can—"

"No," Ochaco interrupted softly. "Sometimes, love isn't enough. Sometimes, we have to let go."

Her fingers slipped away completely, leaving Izuku empty-handed. He watched as she stepped back, her gaze lingering on him. The weight of her absence settled over him like a leaden cloak.

"Remember me," Ochaco whispered. "Remember us."

And then she turned, disappearing into the smoke, leaving Izuku alone amidst the wreckage. His heart screamed, torn between duty and love. But he knew what he had to do.

Izuku Midoriya stood, wiping tears from his cheeks. He clenched his fists, feeling the power of One For All surge within him. Ochaco's sacrifice would not be in vain. He would fight, not just for himself, but for her too.

As the battle raged on, Izuku's resolve hardened. He would carry their memories—the laughter, the stolen glances, the warmth of her hand—into the heart of the storm. And when it was all over, he would honor Ochaco's final request.

He would remember her, even if it meant living with the ache of lost love forever.

THE END