Bombasticy To Nil - 1

bg music may need to be looped, expect followup chapter today.

Osworth adjusts her aim with Glamour and fires a magical charged shot that quickly detonates, causing the walls of the organization to crumble a bit around Eryx but he carries on regardless, tossing a loose piece of debris at Milliandra. She cleaves through it with Uprising as Eryx leaps over to her in an instant. She glared before chucking her rapier at him like a spear while infusing it with a return spell. Eryx let Uprising impale him to Milliandra's surprise and as the return spell kicked in he did a front flip and went to throw a wound up punch that'd slam her into the ground below. She considered using royal guard but instead chose to conjure a platform to stand on beneath herself before tackling Eryx, ripping Uprising out of him while she bit down on his neck.

Eryx: "Ow! What the fuck?!"

Gavin: "Oh shes lost it, never seen her this riled up."

Shinogi: "Tch, those monkeys ruined her class. Why aren't you helping him?"

Gavin: "She's not the kind to copy just any loser, must be why she gave up on learning from you. As to why, it's because Eryx has this... thing. It'd be better to make sure he and her are the only ones in range when he does it."

Shinogi: "You're really relying on that, on my daughter of all people? She inherits my limitless magic, you fool."

Gavin: "Whatever man, Eryx can compete even if she's buffed to all hell. Plus, it still takes time to adjust."

The fight had been continuing in the background of their chat, Eryx being slashed and shot still seemed fine for the most part. Milliandra threw a punch to his face, but it was grabbed and Eryx countered with a sudden explosive blast, knocking Milliandra back a bit and forcing her to land at last. The two combatants healed their injuries, though they had both sustained a considerable amount of damage. Eryx stomped down onto the ground beneath him, detonating an explosion in the ground behind Millie, launching her back towards him. She braced herself with a defensive spell as Eryx dashed in front of her with blinding speed, lining his fist with magic as he threw another punch. 

BLACK FLASH!

He had blown a hole right through his opponent, causing her to cough up a considerable bit of blood. Though she got her focus back into the fight as quickly as she could, empowering Uprising with her magic before stinging it at Eryx but he smacked her hand with another explosion. He cackled a bit when he saw her expression, she was pissed to say the least but he didn't let up, continuing to beat the living hell out of her for a good minute. 

Shinogi: "Has she lost her will to fight? This is truly pathetic, I expected more."

Eryx: "Bahaha! No way, I'm trying to get this chick to drop a bit more of the ego so we can really get started. I know you're itching to tap into that backed up power of yours, Millie!"

Milliandra: "Guh.. You're so annoying, you know that?" 

Eryx: "C'mon~"

He threw another powerful punch, sending Osworth back, she slid back though her stance remained firm. She held Uprising near her heart before bringing her focus to her roots before finally transforming into her Devil Trigger form, swiftly mending her wounds as she branded a new appearance of her own. 

Milliandra: "Happy?"

Eryx: "There you go, now it's fair."

Shinogi: "Get on with it, you animal."

Eryx: "Watch your mouth, old man. 'Fore I go 'n usurp you in my next life, I'd say you are barely fit for that damn throne!" 

Before Shinogi had another chance to speak Osworth was already engaging Eryx in close combat again, her rapier burned with that same heat back in the qliphoth. She seemed to be setting Eryx up for something. He blocked her upcoming slash, though got cut regardless. Her magic seeped into his wound like gunpowder as she kicked him back and conjured swords of her own, akin to Dante and Vergil alike. They were deflected for the most part, but one lodged itself in Eryx's shoulder. Milliandra snapped her fingers, leading to the sword overflowing with magic and detonating to blow Eryx's arm off. He ran back into close range missing such a vital, he swung his arm again but this time Milliandra chose to smack it away, rivalling the demons strength only through the power of her own demonic form. She cut Eryx diagonally then once again through his midsection before doing it again with increased force to launch Eryx up with herself. She conjured a ramp behind herself, sliding down it and skating as she continued her combination of cuts, spinning 3 times whilst slashing similar to Nero's maximum streak. Before the given final strike sending Eryx, she conjured a wall for him to bounce off and then proceeded to make the sendoff. She slid on her knees on the platform and as Eryx moved like she intended, Milliandra let him fly past her before impaling his back with Uprising through the passage of her arms. Afterwards, she spun around and slammed Eryx down onto the platform before kicking him towards the ramp. As he flew in the air, he charged up an explosion in his free arm, but Osworth left Mage Hand on the handle of Uprising, causing it to jam the rapier further through Eryx, interrupting his spell entirely. She suddenly appeared above the demon and did a move similar to Vergil's Lunar Phase, sending him back to the ground with a spinning heel kick. She panted as she dismissed all her conjured objects, before softly landing once again. 

Milliandra: "Get up, that didn't kill you."

Eryx: "Nah, sure thought it would though..." 

He leaped back onto his feet, looking pretty rough. Osworth's blade returned to her after a short period, leaving Eryx to bleed in front of her. She grinned, swinging the rapier again to fling his blood off of it.

Milliandra: "Souvenirs, aren't free 'round here."

Eryx: "Like I planned on leaving empty handed, don't worry, I'll be back with the money to drop on your grave when I'm done with ya."

Cross: "Lock in."

Eryx: "Oh? If you insist..." 

Eryx kneels, to Milliandra's confusion. He chants in a ritualistic tone, causing the atmosphere to tense. 

"O fortis Goliath, da mihi benedictionem tuam. Canem hunc manu delebo!"

With that, he began a transformation. Milliandra took a step back as Eryx transformed into a being worthy for the title...

Of king.