zack

It's been four days now since I started living with Maxie and I have to confess that she's an amazing person full of life and is so outgoing. We haven't really moved around much to my dismay because I still want to explore but the short trips we made to the lunchroom and back have been amazing. We'll be gathering in the students hall to interact with our seniors today and I'm not as excited as I was because most of the seniors I've met are either rude, I'll mannered or just all in one, I've met a few interesting people too...like macey who lives next door who's roommate came in this morning. Unfortunately she won't be joining us for lunch because she wants to be with her roommate.
   " What would you like to have?" Maxie asks, I have to stay back and guard our table so that no one comes to sit while she goes to get our food.  " French fries with hot sauce, burger and some onion rings lots of them actually and add a coke to it" I say and she tries to take note of everything, I'm a foodie. She's more of an eat less for perfect body  kind of person so she can only take half of what I eat every meal.
   " Okay I'll be back in five minutes" she says and walks away. Once again I'm left alone and I try going through my phone to distract myself.  " Uh...sorry this table's taken" a guy tries to sit and I stop him, we have like three extra chairs but those are Incase macey and her new roommate decide to join us .
   " And how many people exactly are you sitting with?" He asks, I turn to give him my full attention this time. He's tall, long shoulder length hair and a great smile, he's by far the only person I've met who isn't rude or crazy.
  " About four" this university has a lot of handsome guys .
  " Okay then guess my friends and I won't fit then ... I'm sorry, my name is Zach by way " he extends his hand to shake mine but I just smile. I'm not one to shake hands with guys who try to take my sit even after seeing that I'm sitting here. " Alana ".is all I say as I get back to look at whatever it is I'm doing on my phone.
  The Zack guy walks away when he sees that I'm not paying much attention to him and I'm glad. Maxie comes back a few minutes later with our food, her tray only having a burger and a fruit juice. I tell her about what just happened a few moments and and of course she's not happy with it, but not because the guy tried to take our seats but because I was ' rude' to him. Macey and her roommate don't join us for lunch and on our way out of the lunchroom I spot Zack staring at me but I look away...I guess he belongs to the strange case.

   With only a few minutes left before we all gather in the hall Maxie forces me to wear one of her dresses, I'm not into dressing up and I don't think we're supposed to even dress up for this event but she won't stop forcing me to wear the dress. I finally give in because she isn't one to easily give up and I really don't want to start going on and forth wasting time when we could be settled in the hall by then.
   I go into the closet and put on the dress. It's a dark blue flared dress which barely covers my thighs, it's cold outside so I but on tights and my black boots, with my black  duffel jacket and I'm good to go.  " Not what I wanted but I'll accept it" she comments as we both get our phones and head out.
   Unlike me she has on a tight black dress, a black denim jacket and heels, I wonder if this girls is immune to the cold sometimes. We meet macey on our way out with her roommate, she isn't the type I expected... redhead, lip piercing, lots of makeup and is also hardly dressed... she's like Maxie but Maxie's a lit decent.
  " Hey guys...I thought you left already" macey says to us.  " We could have but someone was taking their sweet time getting ready" Maxie puts all the blame on me as if this isn't her fault. If she'd let me wear my jeans and t shirt all this wouldn't have happened.
  " Me? you're the one who kept on forcing me to wear this dress" I defend myself. " Which you look great in" Maxie rolls her eyes and crosses her hands in front of her chest.
   " You two are so cute. Meet Gabrielle Hunter my roommate " macey finally introduces the girl who smiles at us, I guess she isn't rude after all. " I prefer Gabby " she says..we have no time to start introducing each other so we do it as we make our way to the hall.
   The hall is filled with people some have settled down while others are still looking for where to sit luckily we find seats for all four of us as we continue to get to know each other even more. " Mind if I seat here or are there people coming here too?" A familiar voice asks and I look up only to be met with Zach from the lunchroom...yeah unfortunately I still remember his name.
   " I wasn't trying to chase you away I had really saved seats for four people unfortunately they didn't make it....if you felt offended then I'm sorry" I say and he smiles looking around before gesturing to someone to come over.
   " It's fine I'm not...but can I sit now?" He asks and I nod, he seems like a good guy I don't know why I acted like that in the lunchroom earlier. But I wasn't rude I just didn't want to shake his hand that's all.