⇸3

Our field of dreams, engulfed in fire

"What do you think it will be like when we go to university?" Fourteen year old Xinyi asked, laying across his bed as he sat at his desk, copying her homework as he had forgotten it was due tomorrow

"University? That's a long way away." Chenle replied, wondering why she was thinking so far ahead.
"Yeah, but still. We won't be in the same classes or anything." She told him, rolling around on her stomach, looking over at him. "Do you think we will still be close?"

Chenle scoffed at her comment as if it was the most ridiculous thing he had ever heard.
"Of course we will. Why wouldn't we?"
"Just..." she mumbled, shrugging. "Drifting apart?"

"We've seen each other basically everyday for seven years, I don't think drifting apart is an option, idiot." Chenle rolled his eyes. "Why, are you thinking of ditching me?"

"If I did you'd probably drag me back and throw a basketball at my head." Chenle couldn't help but laugh at her comment, turning around to look at her.

"Are you really worried about us not being close when we're older?"
"You're not?" She asked, the crease in her brow indicating her confusion and worry.

"No." He replied. "Because that won't happen." Chenle said, as if he was so sure of it. "I won't let it happen...so don't get any ideas okay?"

Xinyi let out a small laugh, shaking her head as she lowered her head into her arms in front of her.
"I'm more worried about you, Mr popular. All the friends you have might go to your head, you might forget about me."

"How could I forget about you? You're always in my ear, even if I wanted to I probably couldn't forget you. You're annoying." He replied, Xinyi smiling because she knew he didn't mean the insults. "What does this question even mean?" He muttered, squinting at the paper.