Chapter 000 - Act 2: Rise and Fall.

Talking: Nice to meet you.

Whispering: That's wild.

Thinking: (What the hell is happening?)

---------------------------------------------------------

{3rd Person POV}

"🚨We interrupt your regular programming for this breaking news🚨"

Every day's a surprise in New Eridu, and 80% aren't pleasant.

 "🚨A Companion Hollow has suddenly appeared on Fourteenth Street🚨"

That same night after the heterochromatic boy finished painting the facade for Random play, there was a Breaking News report on the TV. A certain blue-haired girl could be seen sitting in front of her television, not really paying attention to the broadcast and simply listening to music with her eyes closed.

"🚨The Hollow Investigatigative Association has dispatched a team to the scene to carry out emergency protocols🚨"

A small mechanical bean robot with rabbit ears and LED rings for eyes, called a Bangboo, attempted to get her attention. It hopped onto the couch and made adorable squeaks while flailing the small nubs it had for limbs.

"🚨Evacuation of residents in nearby blocks is underway🚨"

 Belle removed her earbuds, resting her head on her hand as she watched the TV with a curious and slightly serious expression on her face.

Belle: Wise, come check this out.

She called out to her brother who was walking behind the couch. He was seemingly arranging some books—the clean freak. He turned to the news broadcast and raised an eyebrow.

Wise: What's that? 14th Street? I think the news mentioned it earlier...Give me a sec.

The silver-haired boy walked to a nearby table. He set the books down and turned on the computer while his sister continued to watch.

Belle: Yeah in the Janus Quarter. They say it's already breached level-three controls.

Wise: Yeah, Public Security was conducting a manhunt over there today. Evacuations may not be going as expected.

Belle: So, you're saying...?

She held on to her Bangboo while the taller male looked back at her.

Wise: We should get ready. We'll be seeing some business coming our way soon.

He made his way. over to the couch, remaining standing while Belle let go of the bunny-like robot and attentively observed the TV.

Belle: Cool, now we play the waiting game...

Wise: Say...14th Street is worryingly close to Bofurin...and wherever there's a Hollow there's bound to be unwelcome characters...

Belle: What are you implying?... Oh, come on it's not even in the neighborhood! He wouldn't be that stupid...would he?

...