Chapter 000 - Act 4: Mutated Corruption.

Talking: Nice to meet you.

Whispering: That's wild.

Thinking: (What the hell is happening?)

---------------------------------------------------------

{3rd Person POV}

*BANG! BANG! BANG!*

*WHOOSH–SLASH!!*

*POW! BLAM–CRACK!*

The sound of fighting echoed through The Cretan Hollow. The swarm of Etherials just seemed to be endless! Kiba flicked his wrist and slammed an Elpeca's head into a railing, denting the metal.

Anby ran up to a pair of monsters but instead of simply slashing she pivoted to the side and jumped! She planted her feet on the wall and pushed off of it! In the air, the white-haired girl spun around while holding her sword with a reverse grip and sliced the pair of monsters in half!

The black-and-white-haired boy was about to continue wrestling another ethereal but stopped dead in his tracks when he felt two bullets barely whizzing past his head! He snarled and scratched the back of his ear, turning to look at the only guy who had guns!

Kiba: Oi! You almost hit me, jackass!

Billy: Look behind you!

The boy glanced over his shoulder to see a disintegrating Ethereal. It was about to attack him but the gunslinger robot had shot it down. Kiba grumbled under his breath.

Kiba: Ngh, whatever...Just watch where you're shooting!

Billy: Hey! I didn't hear a thank you!

Kiba: Tch, fine!

He dashed towards the cyborg who became startled! His eyes widened and he put up his arms to protect himself!

Billy: Wait wait wait wait wait wait wait!!!

He closed his eyes in anticipation, ready to get kicked, punched, slammed into the ground, or something. he had seen his fighting ability firsthand after all! Kiba jumped into the air and reeled back his leg!–

*BLAM*

But the pain never came. He looked behind him to see that the boy had landed a spinning kick to an Alpeca behind him. The monster got laid out on the hard concrete floor. The boy looked up at Billy with his usual grumpy look.

Kiba: There, that's my thanks.

Billy seemed to chuckle and smile. Again, Kiba didn't really know because he didn't have a goddamn mouth. Alas, the taller man spun one of his revolvers around his finger and pointed the barrel at the Ethereal on the floor.

Billy: Sorry, it's nothing personal. We're regular people, and you're monsters...We're destined to be enemies.

The shorter boy tilted his head quizzically.

Kiba: What the hell are you saying?

Billy, trying to be cool, ignored him and continued his sick execution speech.

Billy: I'll aim for the weak spot, it won't hurt.

He pulled the trigger...

*Click*

Nothing happened. The tall cyborg looked at the gun's cylinder while giving his back to the Ethereal.