Part 1

Yana

I'm shaking uncontrollably as I listen to loud pounding on the other side of the door. I pull my knees to my chest and tears flow down my cheeks. How did it get this bad?

"Yana open the fucking door!," the male voice called out on the other side of the door. I start to hear even louder noises as if he is trying to kick down the door.

"Micah please stop!," I screamed. I place my hands over my ears to try and drown out the sound. Oh god. I stand up and search around the bedroom for any sort of weapon. My eyes land on a pair of scissors and I hold them in my hand shakily. I watch as the door shakes before seeing Micah kick it down. I scream as he stares at me with those cold eyes of his.

"Mic-Micah...please...don't," I pleaded through tears. He sucks his teeth before lunging towards me and instantly knocking the scissors out of my hand. I back up as I place my hands up in defeat. Micah slaps me across my face and then kicks me in my stomach, causing me to fall to the floor and yell out in pain. Micah gets on top of me and wraps his hands around my neck. I stare up at the man that I am in love with wondering why he is doing this to me.

"When I tell you to do something you do it!," Micah yells

"When I tell you to do something you do it!," Micah yells. I gasp for air as I kick my legs and scratch at his arms. I just stare at him as I feel his grip become stronger. I hit at his arms and cry as he chokes me. Why is this happening? Micah sighs heavily and bangs my head against the floor twice before letting go of my neck. I gasp for air and I turn on my side as I cough uncontrollably. I place my hands on my sore neck as tears pour out of my eyes. Crying has me in so much pain and I grab the area where Micah kicked me.

"Why the fuck do you make me so crazy," Micah said. He picks up my phone and dials 911. I just look at him in complete desperation. I listen as he makes up a bogus story and this is not the first time. He hangs up and then looks at me. He squats down, grabs my face roughly and forces me to look at him.

"Soon as you get checked over, you bring your ass right back home to me. Do you understand? No cops," Micah said sternly. I just nod my head and he throws my head out of his hands. I'm starting to know the routine when it comes to this. I watch as he quickly leaves the room and I hear him exit the townhome we share. I close my eyes as I can't stop the tears. Within 7 minutes, I hear a knock on the door. I know Micah left the door unlocked.

"Help!," I called out weakly. I hear footsteps approach my direction and I sigh when I see a pair of paramedics. Fuck. It's him. He has seen me like this more than once. He kneels next to me and looks over me.

"....It's Yana right?," the familiar paramedic asked me. I nod my head as I swallow carefully. My throat is so sore.

"Yana....can you tell me what happened?," the familiar paramedic asked while helping me to slowly sit up. He examines the bruise on my cheek and my neck. His soft eyes land in mine and I contemplate what to say. This could be my chance. My chance to finally escape Micah and his continuous torture. I look at the familiar paramedic as he eagerly awaits my answer.

"I fell."