5 / Connected-Dream

Chapter 5

"Did you find another Part-Timer?" Sunwoo questioned.

"Yes?" Lee Know answered.

"That's Amazing!" Sunwoo cheered through the phone.

"That's not what I called you for. Why aren't you at the Cafe for a week?"

"I'm just taking a very peaceful break Lee Know, I don't feel that well."

Lee Know hummed. "I can take care of you When I get back. I'll make time for you."

"Gosh, don't worry about me Lee Know, I am doing just fine."

"Are you sure? I could bring you some Soup--"

"Thanks for stopping me by the way."

"Huh?"

"I think I'll take care of myself now."

"You'll end up blaming yourself If I didn't say it."

'Sunwoo--"

"I won't regret this right?" The phone call ended.

~?~

The sound of approaching sirens filled the air, And soon the paramedics Arrived. They quickly assessed Sunwoo's state, Administering an Antidote and providing Oxygen.

Hyunjin watched anxiously as they worked, his heart pounding in his chest.

After what felt like an eternity, One of the paramedics looked up at Hyunjin and gave a reassuring nod. "He's stable. We're taking him to the hospital. You can follow us there."

Sunwoo lay in a hospital bed, Pale but stable. Hyunjin was seated beside him, Tears of relief fell from his cheek.

Hyunjin looked up as Lee Know entered.

Lee Know's Voice filled with worry. "How is he?"

Hyunjin managed a faint smile. "He's stable now. They got to him in time."

Lee Know approached the bed, Studying Sunwoo's still form. "What happened?"

"He. . . he overdosed. I found him in time, But it was close."

Lee Know's face paled, His hand trembling slightly as He reached out to gently touch Sunwoo's hand. 

"Sunwoo. . ."

Hyunjin continued, his voice wavering. "I called the ambulance. They brought him here."

Lee Know glanced at Hyunjin. "Thank you for being there for him."

He felt Sunwoo's hand twitch faintly beneath his touch. His heart skipped a beat.

"I'm sorry. . ."

~?~

I had remained quiet through the entire week ever since Hyunjin and Chaewon started dating. My heart ached with a mixture of sadness and resignation. 

My loneliness settled deeper the time passed by. 

Before Hyunjin's attention shifted away from Me. I found myself lost in thoughts of missed opportunities.

Wondering if I had ever truly stood a chance with him. Each passing day seemed to intensify the ache in my heart.

Hyungwon noticed my subdued demeanor and approached me cautiously.