13: In the Light of Dawn

-⁠Samiksha's POV☆

-⁠Samiksha's POV☆

I woke up to the sound of Natasha screaming in excitement. For a moment, I thought I was still dreaming, but the noise was real and getting louder. Before I could fully open my eyes, she burst into my room, jumping onto my bed with the energy of a hyperactive rabbit.

"Bua ji! Utho, jaldi! We're going on a trip today!" she yelled, her eyes sparkling with excitement.

I yelped in surprise, my heart racing. "Natasha! Tum pagal ho kya? You scared me to death!"

She laughed, completely unfazed by my reaction. "Sorry, bua, but I'm just so excited!"

Fluffy, our adorable dog, trotted in after her, his tail wagging enthusiastically. He jumped onto the bed and started licking Natasha's face, making her giggle even more.

"Bas, bas, Fluffy!" I tried to sound stern, but it was hard to keep a straight face. "Natasha, tum dono milke mujhe pagal kar doge."

The morning light streamed through the curtains, casting a soft glow in the room. Natasha's excitement was infectious, and despite my groggy state, I couldn't help but smile. She kept bouncing on the bed, talking a mile a minute about all the places we were going to visit.

"Maine sapne mein dekha tha ki hum ek bohot bada park ja rahe hain, jahan pe bahut saari rides hain!" she exclaimed, her eyes wide with wonder.

After a few minutes of playful chaos, I managed to get out of bed and start getting ready for college. Natasha was still bubbling with excitement, her words blending into a cheerful background noise. I splashed some cold water on my face, hoping it would help me wake up fully.

I made my way to the kitchen, where bhabhi was busy making breakfast. The aroma of fresh parathas filled the air, making my stomach growl in anticipation.

"Bhabhi, aaj kya banaya hai?" I asked, peeking over her shoulder and inhaling deeply.

"Parathe aur aloo ki sabzi. Tumhara favourite," she replied with a warm smile, flipping a paratha on the tawa.

"Mmm, smells amazing!" I said, grabbing a piece of paratha and taking a bite. "Bhabhi, Natasha toh aaj subah se hi pagalon ki tarah chilla rahi hai."

Bhabhi laughed, her eyes twinkling. "Haan, uski excitement kaafi contagious hai. Tum bhi jaldi se nashta kar lo aur college ke liye ready ho jao."

I quickly ate my breakfast, enjoying the familiar comfort of bhabhi's cooking. Natasha and Fluffy were still playing in the living room, their laughter and barks echoing through the house.

"Samiksha, apni saari cheezein le lena. Aur haan, aaj jaldi aana," bhabhi reminded me.

"Ji bhabhi," I replied, giving her a quick hug before heading out the door. The morning chaos had a rhythm to it, one that was strangely comforting.