(Chapter 1)The War for the Miraculous

The War for the Miraculous ended, not with a bang but a whimper. A whimper and one final Akuma. The Akuma Ennui. Ennui was not like her sibling creations, nor her previous incarnations, she did not bluster and demand or blow things up. She watched and waited. She was calculated. She had grown bored endlessly twisting others to her own purposes, what fun was manipulation when there was no one left to fall to her trickery.

After all, Marinette was dead.

Contrary to popular belief, Marinette was not dead. She had moved. She honestly had no clue why everyone thought she was dead. Sure, she might've put up a poster for her memorial in her classroom while everyone was gone and she might have written herself an obituary and had it published in several newspapers and online, but honestly, one might think they would check their facts once in a while. Plus, sowing a little chaos was in her nature. She was a True Black Cat after all. With all the destruction and chaos she causes, tripping and being a mess all the time, how could she be anything but?

The people smart enough to check their facts knew she was alive. The others… well… maybe their new class representative, Lila, could throw a brain cell fundraiser. Hell knows they could use some more, even potentially secondhand and thrifted. Maybe they can find some on the chotchkies shelves at a thrift shop.

Marinette’s parents had decided Paris was no good for her. So they sent her to live with her Uncle Jagged in his hometown. Their little sweet bun had slowly been sinking into herself and her isolation. No, Paris was no good for their little one who rises to make bread.

Especially with the increase in severity of Akuma attacks.