Chapter 6

Pulmonary edema. I lay on my bed, researching about this disease. It wasn't that bad. There were cures and preventions. She'd live. 

I'm dying anyways. Her words struck a chord with me, I didn't know what to think of that. Did she need money for her treatment? I would pay for it. She had just saved my life. 

Everytime I closed my eyes, I saw flashbacks of her coughing up blood. That was probably by far the most traumatic thing I'd every seen. 

I was tired and out of power for the day. So I decided to just sleep it off, and deal with everything in the morning. 

I was around four or five in my dream. I was playing in the garden, chasing a butterfly, while I encircled it with my light magic. In the corner of my eye, I saw a little girl with silverish eyes, with swirls of different colours near the iris and white hair. Though I wasn't sure if I'd imagined it as a second later, she disappeared. 

The butterfly landed on the tip of my nose, and I sneezed and it flew away. After my initial shock of the sneeze, I wiped the my nose, and trailed after the butterfly again. 

When my alarm went off at 6:30 AM, I woke up, and for some reason, I didn't forget my dream like I usually did. My thoughts wandered to that girl I'd seen for a split second. She looked a lot like Ivy. But her eyes had a tint of other colours. Ivy's eyes were just silver. 

I texted Ivy if she wanted to get breakfast at the cafeteria. My stomach grumbled- I hadn't had anything for forty eight hours. 

I got dressed, and got out of my room. Ivy was already there at a table, seated all alone. I loaded my plate with anything I deemed edible. 

I walked over to Ivy, and sat down on the seat opposite to her. She had gotten orange juice, an apple and an egg salad. 

"Good morning." I said. 

"Good morning." She replied stiffly. 

I whispered in a low voice, "I have to talk to you about a few things."

She made the go on sign with her fork. 

"What is your natural eye colour?" 

She swallowed the food she was chewing and said, "Some people freak out after seeing it, so I'll show you later. Next question."

Wow. She was surprisingly cooperative today. 

I decided to push my luck with the second question. "What happened yesterday, after you burned the training room?"

The expression on her face darkened. "I used to much power." She repeated. 

"Okay. How do you have so much power?" I asked. "Are you a noble or something?"

"Nope. At least I don't think so." She said. 

"How did you figure out you can use all types of magic?"

She thought for a second, "When I was four, I saw a boy use his magic, and I thought it was cool so I wanted to try it out, so I did, and I could use his magic."

"Ooh, who was this boy?" I asked playfully, though I felt a twinge of jealousy.

She looked down at her plate, deciding to tell me or not. When she looked up in my eyes, she said so softly that I almost didn't hear it, "You."

"What? When? Me?" I questioned her. 

She nodded. "I don't exactly remember, but I was in the palace gardens though I was not supposed to be there, and you were chasing a blue butterfly. You looked at me, and then I hid away with my magic."