Chapter 9

When I woke up the next morning, I didn't find any text messages on my phone. I heaved a sigh of relief. 

I'm sorry, Ivy. But I will not sacrifice myself for you just yet, so it's best to keep our distance. Yes, I'll admit it- I liked Ivy. But not enough to die for her. I was too full of myself for that. 

That is what I'd decided last night. To stay away from Ivy. I went to the regular training center, and thank heavens, Ivy wasn't there. I practiced on my own, till I had scared the living daylights out of everyone.

Then, for the first time, I went to have lunch at the training center, since I had missed my breakfast. The lunch was okay, not good enough to call good, and Ivy wasn't there either. It was almost as if I wanted her to cross paths with me, though I needed to stay away from her. 

Then I went for a jog around the campus of the training center, it wasn't that hot, the sky was filled with dark grey clouds, and a breeze was flowing. 

It was pleasant, so a lot of the people were outside, sitting on benches and chairs. I still kept my eyes out for Ivy. No sign of her. 

I saw Hudson and Landon sitting on a bench, and I knew they hadn't seen me. I wanted to hear what they were talking about, so I crept towards them, but as soon as I came within earshot, Landon noticed me. 

"You fucking shit!" He screamed at me. 

Okay. Prince mode: ON 

"I am a prince you know." I said calmly, "I can have you behind bars with just that sentence."

"Fucking hell! Shut the fuck up!" He yelled. 

I reached into my pocket for my phone, and I called one of my favourite soldiers, Bernard. "Good afternoon." 

"How may I help you, Prince Lucian?" He said with the respect I DESERVED. 

I stated, "There's this commoner bad-mouthing me, so I need you to come and arrest him."

"Okay! I'm sorry! I won't do it again!" Landon exclaimed.

I said to the soldier, "Keep on hold."

"First of all, stop yelling. I can hear perfectly fine you know. Second of all, don't mess with me or Ivy again. If you do, I won't hesitate to call Bernard. And stay away." I said, and started to walk away, after cutting the call. 

Hudson groaned, "What's the deal with your freaky little partner anyways?"

"Don't call her freaky." I threatened again. 

Landon mimicked me, "Don't call her freaky! Why? You'll call the guards on us again to save your girlfriend?"

I am a prince. Be cool. I am a prince. Be calm. Fuck it. He just called Ivy freaky, and that ticked me off for some reason. I punched Landon, before I could even think and process what I just did. 

I picked a fight with him. AGAIN. And this time, there was no Ivy to save me. 

"You bastard!" He yelled, and pushed me off him quite roughly. I brushed off my clothes, and dodged quite gracefully as he tried to punch me. He practically pounced on me, and pinned me to the ground. 

I was conjuring up all my magic and concentrating it to blow him off me, but another man stopped me. Black hair, purple eyes. He was the Rank 4 dude!

"Don't kill the principe just yet." He ordered Landon. What was the deal with calling me prince in Italian?! I seriously didn't get it. 

Landon obediently got off me, and I stood up. That's when I realized, the Rank 4 had been magicking his words. He made Landon get off me against his will.