1

Horizon.

The name itself was powerful enough to spread fear and terror among the vicious and evil creatures under the depth of ocean where it was impossible for the land creatures to reach. It was one of the strongest kingdoms of merfolk that was hidden beyond the human eyes could explore and then proceed to exploit.

Horizon was known for it being a powerful Kingdom. Queen Dajyun was famous for being benevolent as well as excellent leadership while making her region stronger everyday. But alas! her life was at stake because of a sudden siren attack and soon she took her last breath in the battlefield.

The merfolk say she was betrayed by her own lover, a siren who mysteriously disappeared after her death. This incident alone, was enough to spread terror among the merpeople, intensifying it thoroughly. Unfortunately their new born son was also executed in private due to its bizzare and grotesque features of merfolk and siren. The merfolk were so disgusted with the savage sirens that they didn't even want to face the trial of the new born, still so immersed in mourning for their queen that they didn't even care if it was just an innocent baby that was about to face a heinous act to end his life before he could even explore the world.

It was a disaster indeed. Without the queen, everything was a mess. The royal council soon took action and decided the new king. King Yanachi, Queen Dajyun's royal advisor who was also a trained archer. Even though he wasn't in favour of executing the last memory of queen and the only royal heir, he had to abide by the rules and conditions of the royal council as the freshly selected king.

It's been years after that. Horizon only had wondrous growth and success under the ruling of King Yanachi. The merfolk was happy with him. He even declared a mourning day for the erased royal family in their remembrance. A day dedicated to the deceased queen and her royal dynasty. But they celebrated it as a kind of festival.

'To the brave queen, destroying the savage evils' as King Yanachi said. It was indeed more like a celebratory event to celebrate their dead queen's bravery.

"Good morning my majesty. I hope you had a wonderful night last day. All the preparations are almost done. I've instructed the royal guards to fetch the belongings from every household already"

It had become a ritual, collecting precious things as offerings to the deceased royal family.

"Ah my boy! I've told you to not call me that when we're alone. Abuji sounds a lot better from my dearest son's mouth!"

"Alright abuji. Now I can't defy the king's words. Can I?"

Yanachi laughed at his son's words, making his son smile as well. The water around them moved a little faster as their tails moved along with much elegance. The jewelleries glistened around their body, screaming the aura of a powerful persona.

"Oh Hoseok! Don't say like that. You're the future king of Horizon. So in few months when you'll be the king, would you say the same things for me? Hmmm?"

"Of course not. You're my lovely abuji after all. How can I say that to you?"

This made the father-son duo laugh again. The vibration from their laughter made the precious jewelleries crankled on their bodies against the water around them though without sound.

Everything screamed royal in the room. From the throne to the chandelier, everything was made out of precious jewels, found underwater and some on the land.

Humans had no access to their kingdom due to it being unknown and far away from human reach but that didn't stop the merfolk to keep their knowledge limited about the land creatures' existence. However, they weren't allowed to explore the land unauthorised or without permission. It was strictly forbidden. If anyone was found out not abiding the rules, they would be facing serious consequences such as death.