CHAPTER FIVE

OLIVIA COULDN'T HAVE been anymore excited than she had been leading up to the Australian GP

OLIVIA COULDN'T HAVE been anymore excited than she had been leading up to the Australian GP. She was relieved to finally be able to touch down on home soil after so long.

She was currently packing the last of her things that she needed for her trip home. She'd be leaving with Lando and Max this evening, Daniel having already left with Nico and Heidi after Jeddah.

Max would be staying with her for the remainder of the GP as she has an apartment in Melbourne. Daniel and Heidi will also be staying with the two (Daniel had been very insistent on staying with her for whatever reason).

"Okay, but be honest! Red or Blue?" She asked Max, holding up a red knee length dress in one hand a navy blue one in the other. "Ferrari?" Max pretended to gag, "Red Bull?" He then gave her a smirk indicating which chose he preferred.

Olivia nodded as she put both dresses back on the rack, "You're right, guess I'll just wear my 2002 Mclaren shirt with Kimi Raikkonen on it." Max raised his brow, "I thought you hated Mclaren?" Olivia grinned, "I do, but—" she pushed the shirt closer to her chest to get a rough idea on how it would fit, "4 year old Olivia Ricciardo loved Kimi."

Max rolled his eyes at the memory, "How could I forget. I think you only ever joined Daniel for races just so you could talk to Kimi." Olivia released a loud laugh at his reply. Oh the irony. She thought.

"My crush on Kimi was long gone by then, trust me." Max perked up in curiosity. "But Daniel said you had a crush on one of the drivers on the grid? I always assumed it was Kimi because you liked him as a kid." Max looked to be in deep thought as to who it could be, while Liv occupied herself with folding the last of her clothes. Someone remind her to throw a shoe at her brothers head the next time she sees him.

ᯓ★

"SEB?" OLIVIA SIGHED FOR the tenth time that evening. It was currently 12 in the morning and they were on their way to Shanghai. They had  4 hours left of their flight before they take rest and prepare for another 9 hours of flying.

Lando had already clocked in for the night and his snores could be heard throught the plane. Olivia had been tempted to clock out herself but by the sound of it, Max wasn't going to bed anytime soon. Might as well keep him company.

"No Max," she said with exasperation. "Trust me, you're not going to guess it." That was probably the mist stupidest tging to say because one thing Max Verstappen loved, was a challenge.

"Ocon?"

"No."

"Thank fuck." he muttered but Olivia heard him and gave his arm a slight pinch. "Ow!" He hissed scootching away from the Aussie in fear she'd pinch him again. "Don't be so hard on Esteban! He's a nice bloke." She scolded while Max tilted his head, "Debatable." Olivia rolled her eyes and Max went back to his original position.

"It was totally Carlos." Olivia groaned in annoyance. "For heaven's sake! Go. To. Sleep." Max sighed, finally giving in.

"Fine, but I'm using your shoulder as a pillow." Olivia chuckled, "Be my guest but if you get neck pain don't come crying to me." Max gave her a cheeky smile before gently laying his head on her left shoulder.

Olivia paused, taking in how close he was in that moment.

Even though she struggled to admit it to herself, she knew the way she felt for Max wasn't a way one would feel for their friend. The more time Olivia seemed to spend with Max, the more she began to relise how much she never stopped having feelings for him all those years ago.

She thought she buried them away all those years ago, but each time Max would smile at her it was like she was a kid in a candy store.

In truth, the driver she had a crush on was Max Verstappen himself.

He was the reason she'd find any excuse under the sun to visit her brother during race weekends. Even when he wasn't driving for Red Bull and he had still been a Toro Rosso driver. All younger Liv wanted was to see him smile at her. Even if it was just in passing.

But Olivia knew Max would never feel the same. He was still hung up on someone else. Besides...

She was his wingwoman. His own personal cupid. Cupid wasn't meant to fall in love.

Especially not with her brothers best friend.

➡ AUTHOR'S NOTE

I love them so much 😭 can't wait to start writing the next chapter

P.S.
LEWIS WON?? MAX'S PACE AT THE END?? YA GIRL WAS LEGIT STRESS EATING NEAR THE END