Ch2: Protecting Jinx

"Please, Kid Flash. Save me..."

Those were the words that were now echoing in the yellow speedster's head.

He really wanted to save her.

He really wanted to protect her.

Jinx held her hand out to him.

"Don't worry. I'll protect you.  I promise. First, let's start with your name. What's your name?" Kid Flash said as he looked into her eyes.

Jinx smiled and then looked down at the floor.

"Jinx..." She said, feeling like it was a bad thing to be named Jinx, but she blushed, anyway.

Kid Flash smiled and lifted her head up to where he was looking at her, and she was looking at him.

"It's nice to meet you,  Jinx. Also, don't feel ashamed about your name. I think that it's beautiful, just like you are." He said,  wanting to help the pink haired, pink eyed sorceress feel better.

Jinx blushed.

She was glad that she had chosen to take this path instead of heading back to H.I.V.E headquarters.

Just as Jinx was looking at him and holding his red gloved hand, See-More appeared in the doorway of the museum, alongside Kyd Wykkyd, Gizmo,  Mammoth and Billy Numerous.

"Jinx, protocol states that you can't be out after dark. Also, who is that yellow suited nobody?" Gizmo said,  flying on his jetpack and now hovering near her.

Kid Flash held Jinx in a protective embrace.

"Look... I've made up my mind." Jinx said,  proudly as she looked at Kid Flash, who blushed at her.

"What do you mean you've made up your mind?! Can't you see that we were all worried about you?! Including See-More. Right, See-More?" Gizmo said, now completely outraged.

See-More looked at her.

"Jinx, I'm your best friend.  Why would you change your mind?" He asked, really  worried about her and the path that she had chosen.

Jinx sighed.

"I'm bad luck to you guys." She said in an explanation as she looked at Kid Flash.

Kid Flash hugged her in comfort, tears dripping down from her eyes.

See-More looked at her, with a question mark displaying on top of his eye.

"Remember when we almost got caught by robbing this museum the other night?" Jinx said,  remembering when they almost got caught and Kid Flash had replaced the red eyed amulet with a red rose.

"Yes." See-More said, remembering what happened there the other night.

"The security stinked." Gizmo said, remembering when he hacked into the security system so that the laser beams could come down.

As everyone was talking, Kid Flash looked at them, observing them.

"Don't I get a say in this conversation?" He said, looking at them.

Jinx looked at him and smiled.

"Everyone, I'd like to say this. I'm not going to be a part of the H.I.V.E 5 anymore." She said, looking at the group.

"Why?! We make you feel welcome.  Right, guys?" Gizmo said, getting really irritated and angry, like a toddler.

See-More, Mammoth, Kyd Wykkyd, and Billy Numerous looked at each other before looking back at Jinx.