Chapter 57

[It's confirmed...]

[There are people bothering Q Shen?]

[So, we were blaming him for so long when he wasn't really at fault?!!?!]

[I'm going to throw up.]

[Hands up, where are the people who threatened Frost before, huh?]

[... He was probably actually homeless and we made fun of him back then, people turned him away - where was he sleeping?]

Netizens were questioning the choices of both themselves and the players they followed, whilst the players themselves... Were feeling just as sick.

As that last comment stated, Xiao Yi had indeed reached out to some players and captains that he was somewhat acquainted with during his years of being a captain, and most of them... Cursed him out.

They cursed an innocent kid out when they were older than him and gave him nowhere to go.

The esports players that had been bragging about turning away the past assassin god were truly ashamed and felt that they'd gone too far after getting scolded by fans, even if he was still a scum person.

Meanwhile, Xiao Yi was too busy downing another piece of pizza in the back garden of the hospital to give any shits: the half-eaten, medium-sized pizza sitting right next to him on the bench.

If someone asked him if he forgave the people who threw him to the streets, he did. He understood why. However, just because he forgave them, it didn't mean he didn't feel disgusted by them at the same time.

He kicked his feet up on the bench as another cold wind swiped past him and carefully sheltered the pizza with his back. Then, he leaned down and grabbed another slice.

Food from the hospital was okay, if only for one meal. Otherwise, he really couldn't stand it! So bland!

He finished another slice before he collected his things, threw the box in the garbage, and began walking back to Xiao Qiu and Lee's room where Lee was still lingering despite being told he could be discharged.

As he got closer to the room with a small bounce in his step, he heard Xiao Qiu yell. "He did what?!"

"..." Xiao Yi paused in the hallway.

Lee could be heard chuckling. "Don't be angry."

"Don't be angry? He wanted a peaceful life - how's this peaceful? I let him leave home and when he comes back, he burns the world with flames and stomps on his enemies and you tell me not to be angry? What if he got hurt too..."

Xiao Yi backed up a few steps, his brother was full-on mother-hen mode already.

He glanced down at his hands and sighed. He didn't have a chance to hug him yet, if he stepped into the room right now he'd surely be scolded.

Was Lee trying to get him killed?

Lee told him to wear a mask, he wore a mask and got exposed.

Lee told his brother about his online happenings right after Xiao Qiu woke up, isn't he asking his brother to beat him?

Ah, Lee was definitely not on his side here. Why did it feel like he had another, troublesome older brother?

Xiao Qiu could be heard asking. "Give me my phone... Where's my phone?"

"It's back at the base."

"Then... Give me your phone."

"Why do you want my phone?"

"To see what he did!"

"Fine, fine."

Xiao Yi heard enough, he swiftly turned on his heels and power walked through the halls, mindful of the no-running signs plastered near the elevators.

'I am not getting scolded, not today, nope.'

A half-hour later, Xiao Yi opened up Valley of Light on his computer and swiftly logged onto Sleepy, mindful of the fact that his reputation being clear was no less annoying than everyone thinking he was a scum man, and looked at his friend list.

His one friend, Nightmare, was sitting proudly online and before he had a chance to message him, he received a message instead.

[Nightmare]: You're finally on.

[Sleepy]: Life was busy, did you do those dungeons?

[Nightmare]: I got busy too so I didn't have time, I watched a few videos on it though and it's not too difficult.

Xiao Yi bounced slightly on his chair, his foot pressing against the floor as he read the message. He quickly typed back.

[Sleepy]: Do you have time today?

[Nightmare]: I have time now. Want to try it with me?

[Sleepy]: En.

[Nightmare has invited you to a party]

[Sleepy has joined the party]