Profile 1.4

Cauldron Facility
May 2002

"A special request? You want a clone of Marquis? Isn't he that warlord from Brockton Bay? He's in the birdcage, isn't he?" Adam asked Doctor Mother.

"He was taken down by the Brockton Brigade."

"No, they are called New Wave now."

"Same people."

"I think it's dumb."

The duplicating girl was at a table, 4 of them scratching their heads as they compared observed commonalities with those who become mutated and the vials given to them.

"I'm not comfortable with making a warlord. He wasn't a part of this before I joined and this is some elaborate revenge plot, right? Adam said to Doctor Mother.

"They would not be a warlord, and no, he wasn't a part of Cauldron. I myself do not like the idea of a copy of that man, however, Contessa feels that this is a necessary step. She leaves what modifications you want, with one exception. After completion, they may not be older than 5 biological years in age. She may be released after growing, I will a nanny prepared to raise the child after words." Doctor Mother said.

Adam, nodded. Contessa had requested clones before that were basically children. He didn't feel good about doing it, and he never asked why.

"Why a nanny? She's surrounded by a lot of....I won't say excellent, exceptional, people here." Adam said.

"I never had a little sister." Henry said.

"What are we then?" The 4 voices cried over in synch.

"Popular girl club." Henry answered back.

"I take it we have a sample of Marquis?" Adam asked.

"There is a section of his bone armor that was recovered after the battle that captured him. I can go and gather a sample from Vault #38 if you wish for me." Alexander said.

"Thank you Alexander, please do that. Anne-" Adam began.

"It's Augusta now. Cathrine absorbed Becky who Absorbed Anne." Augusta explained, as Alexander walked out of the door.

"They are a confusing lot." Doctor Mother said.

"They will never have a normal life when they leave." Adam said.

"When?" Doctor Mother asked.

"I don't plan on having them stay here forever. They deserve to make their choices, even if they aren't good." Adam said.

"Yes. Well, I will speak with your wife, do,you have a message I can pass along?" Doctor Mother asked.

"I would ask her to take it easy. She isn't looking good, with what you're having her do, and ... .I'm worried if something happens...I couldn't make a safety net for her." Adam said.

"It is important work, and for the survival of humanity, but I understand your worry." Doctor Mother said.

"Thank you." Adam said.

2004
Cauldron Base

Screaming rang out from behind the door. Brother Everette was always behind the doors, and she wasn't allowed through them, the monsters were on the other side, and those were scary. Everette cleaned the monsters who were dangerous.

But....Aunt Eve asked her to get him. Knocking on the door, they didn't open. She looked at the bandaid on her fingers, and peeled on off. A little string of her blood floated up, and in the side. She found the handle and twisted it.

"Brother! Everette!" She shouted rough the door.

Stalking out, the gaunt pale figure emerged from the dark. He looked down and saw her.