Chp 3

Summary:

POV Diana

"UMPH"

I grunted as I fell out of the tall ash tree in the backyard of my family's estate in Sandringham, which I've lived at since I was born. .

"Diana! Are you alright Sweet Pea?"

I turned to see daddy, rushing to me with a look of concern on his face.I quickly pick myself up, getting to my feet, smiling, happy to see him.

"I'm alright Daddy. Just a bit scratched up." I say, smiling up at him.

I then ran towards him, laughing as he scooped me into his arms.

"Diana, dear, someone's here to see you."

I look up at him, feeling excitement crashing through me. I loved it when people visited, especially family. Possibilities raced through my head, from my granddaddy to my best friend, Sarah.

It might even be mummy! I thought, my excitement spiking.

Sure, I thought I haven't seen her in four years, since I was seven, but she still loved my sisters, brother and me, right?

I followed him inside, doing my best not to jump up and down.

"Who is it, Daddy? Is it Mummy?" I ask, smiling widely, hoping it was mummy.

He sighed, kneeling down to my level, eyes full of love and sympathy.

"Darling... I'm sorry but it's not your mother. Look... there's something I've never told you... she was... is ... a witch. I'm so sorry for not telling you, I thought not telling you would protect you but as it turns out, your destiny is in her world. I... I think the visitor can explain better than I can."