chapter 3 Visitors

chapter 3: visitors

After attending the extra class, Gunjan went back home the following day.
As scheduled, Ginny attended the college to pick up her diplomas because her examinations had been finished and because she always ranks top on the list of graduates.
Later, she left for her house.
However, after receiving backlash last night for her act involving pups, she made the decision to stop on the way and pick up her aunt's favorite sweets.
After purchasing the sweets, she headed home, but as soon as she got close to her building, she noticed that two fancy cars were parked on the society's premises.
The uncertainty made her heart race, and she wished it was not what she was expecting it to be.
She took her time getting to her apartment, swallowed her anxiety, and pressed the doorbell.
Ginny smiled at her aunt as Preeti opened the door and moved the sweets box, but Preeti simply nodded for her to come in.
Ginny noticed two persons in formal clothes getting up to greet her as soon as she entered the living room.
Gunjan swallowed the sour taste in her mouth. Preeti urged the girl to wish them back because she knew what Ginny might have been feeling.
With a sincere grin, the more senior among them greeted Ginny as she folded her palm in namaste.
" Ginny bitiya, how are you?  you look similar to Badi madam a lot.
Ginny merely nodded without saying anything. Following observing her agony for a short while, the two men made the decision to depart. They said goodbye to Preeti, smiled at Gunjan, and departed from their residence.
As Preeti closed the door, she saw that Gunjan 's sadness. Gunjan observed the large hampers positioned on the living room's center table. She turned to glance around and saw that the dining room had a large number of additional fruit and dry fruit hampers.
Preeti just followed Gunjan to her room.
Throwing the bag into a corner, Gunjan just collapsed into the bed, keeping the pillow near at hand.
After observing her state, Preeti took a seat next to her.
"Gunjan,
"Aunty, why did you tell them given that I assured you I could manage on my own? You are fully aware that I am not in need of anything from them.
After hearing her, Preeti was astounded and told her
I never tell them anything, sweetheart.You are misunderstanding everything.
So why are they present here? And right before you head out for the United States. "
After leaving the room without saying anything, Preeti returned a little while later with a large box and a hamper, which she placed in front of Ginny.
"They're here to provide this." This is Gaurav's invitation card for his upcoming marriage.
Ginny was shocked when she saw the card.
"Bhai, is he getting hitched? When?
"They invited you to your brother's wedding exactly ten days later.
Ginny was looking over the card.
Laughed and answered
"Brother! The last time I saw him was when he arrived to perform  mother's  cremation.
He never once thought how I would manage without mom around. He just used to send me a costly present on every Rakhi.
And he believes that by doing this, he is fulfilling his brotherly responsibilities. so fine than I will now carry out my sisterly obligations as well. I'll send him and his wife some lovely presents.
After tossing the card onto the bed, Ginny headed to the bathroom.
Preeti sighed, knowing that Ginny would probably sob uncontrollably in the bathroom.
She still loves Gaurav despite everything she says,  why not? He is the last living part of her family.
Preeti couldn't bear to see Ginny hold animosity toward her brother, who is Ginny's greatest defender, so she chose to share some truths with her after listening to her outburst.
With the card and hamper in hand, Preeti left the room to allow Ginny some time. She started by setting out the dry fruits and fruit baskets in the kitchen.
Following her prolonged period of crying, Gunjan showered. crying for a brother who had been her closest companion childhood, but everything had changed following their parents' divorce. Gaurav was given to their dad, and she was left to their mother.
Gaurav used to travel to see her mother and sister at holidays like Diwali and Raksha Bandhan in the early years following their divorce.
However, after a few years, everything stopped, and her mother began to deliver Gunjan's rakhi from the courier in the same way that a present from Gaurav would arrive.
she still remember when Gaurav arrived at the cremation site as their mother passed away. He hugged Gunjan to comfort her and wept as he saw her dead mother, but he never offered to take responsibility for  at least look after her.
She hasn't seen his brother in seven years. He used to call her now on holidays and birthdays to wish her well. All she has to show for their bond as siblings is that.
Following her shower, Gunjan came out of her bedroom. When she saw that the pricey hampers had been taken out of the living room, she exhaled with relief.
Ginny reached over to the dining table and saw her aunt there, waiting for her to finish dinner.
Ginny squatted down on the chair and proceeded to serve her food.
There was silence at the dinner table. It's a peaceful dinner after all.
Following supper, Preeti opened the sweets box that Gunjan had brought her, selected one of her favorite sweets, and informed Gunjan of it.
"thank you for this treat,"
Gunjan grinned at her aunt and took pleasure in a small piece of cake. Then the two women wiped down the kitchen surface and dishes.
Gunjan saw Preeti in the bedroom with a large box in her hand as she entered. The box was familiar to her; her mother had owned it.
She positioned herself next to Preeti, and before she could inquire, Preeti began
I want you to be aware of a few facts before you bring up Gaurav again. You must be aware of what actually happened between your brother and your parents at this point now.
Preeti stated as much, pulling out some old pictures to show her. Gunjan just questioned Preeti while holding the images.
"my dad disliked my mother's love of dancing, which is why my parents got divorced. I am aware of that.'
No, dear, this narrative was only meant for you as a youngster. However, there is an actual part to it as well.
Your dad comes from an entirely distinct background than your mom, and destiny has made her fall in love with him despite being from a middle-class household. However, they are able to get married.
Your grandfather consistently caused misunderstandings among the couple since he never accepted your mother.
years went by gaurav and you also arrived. When your father chose to divorce your mother after nine years of marriage, your grandfather's goals were finally fulfilled.
Even though Gitanjali was initially devastated—she was alone in the world—she nevertheless consented to a divorce, refused settlement, and just requested custody of her children. You are not even five years old, and Gaurav was nine at the time. Following protracted legal proceedings, an outside the courts agreement was agreed upon, leaving Gaurav with the custody of the Kapoor family while Gitanjali received  you.
Yet why didn't Bhai rebel?
" Gaurav might have been wise enough to realize that you need your mother the most, but he was still a child, and your grandfather was able to persuade him". As a result, he supported this choice.
He used to travel to Lucknow for holidays and Raksha Bandhan for a few years, but that all changed when your stepmother, Natasha Kapoor, moved into the Kapoor mansion. Whatever spell she cast, God only knows, but starting the following year, Gaurav stopped coming to Lucknow for festivals or vacations.
And Gitanjali, who used to speak with Gaurav over the phone, I'm not sure why she adjusted to this as well.
"I have seen my mother suffer, so I am aware of it. He didn't appear to care for my mother or me, though, given that she used to cry after speaking with him every time.
Again, you are incorrect.Gaurav was studying for his postgraduate degree in the US when Gitanjali passed away.
You are aware of what he told me before he left for the US.
"please Look after my sister until I'm able to look after her; after that, I'll take her with me. Gaurav phoned me once a week after that to inquire about you.
He never made an effort to be connected to you because he assumed you must detest him, yet he genuinely cares about you.
He is currently the CEO of Kapoor Industries, as he had promised.
Now that he is getting married, he wants his sister to be there for him.
Yes, that's why he invited his sister through his staff. Aunty, just let things be. Even though you're right regarding what you say, I don't want to go to his wedding.
Ginny. Try to...
"No more talk about it, auntie. I have no interest in talking about this issue any more.
Preeti nodded while letting out a sigh.
After a couple days
Ginny was making sure her aunt didn't forget anything important, so she checked the bag before locking it.
Preeti was staring at the girl, fighting back the tears. She found it difficult to leave this innocent girl on her alone. She made a lot of effort to convince Ginny that she could go to the wedding, but she was consistently rejected.
Wiping the tears from her eyes, Preeti reached out and held a file. Ginny gave her a startled look as she handed her the file.
These are the documents relating to this apartment and the investments that Gitanjali made in your name.
This is the pass book, too.
With a sorrowful heart, Gunjan grasped the file.
"I am passing it on to you so if you need anything from these documents in my absence," Preeti informed her.
Gunjan nodded without turning to look. Knowing she wouldn't be able to stop crying, she was afraid to look at her aunt.
Preeti was experiencing the same emotions as she headed to the kitchen.
They departed for the airport in the afternoon, and Pavbhav went with them since he knew Gunjan must be experiencing emotional chaos.
Gunjan sat with her aunt, clutching her hands, all the way to the airport.
She couldn't hold back her emotions because she didn't know when she would see her aunt again.
Preti never stopped instructing her, "You must take care of your meals , dont depend on pizza and junk food , try to avoid outside food  and never open the door without checking."
Gunjan continued to nod while gazing at her lap.
They arrive at the airport shortly.
They had barely realized that the flight had been announced.
When Preeti gave Gunjan a hug, Gunjan started crying uncontrollably. She hugged her aunt and wept bitterly.
Preeti was also in tears. She told Gunjan after wiping away her tears.
I'm confident that my Ginny, who is a strong girl, can manage these three months without my help.
I will give you a call every day.
"Aunty. I will also miss you. I'm going to be fine, so don't worry about me.
Yes, I understand. I swear, no matter what Kunal has said, I will get back to you in three months.
Ginny gave Preeti a startled look as Preeti patted her cheek.
" you know.?"
Don't consider what he said; he simply forgot that I gave birth to him, not the other way around. Now, stop sobbing and...
Preeti handed her an envelope.
Perplexed, Gunjan looked the envelope.
"What's this?"
"gaurav send a ticket for you"
"aunty, I've already..."
"I understand that you are unwilling to go, its a matter of have  days in case you choose to change your mind.Just go to the wedding if you want, then head back to Lucknow.
it will be your choice entirely
After nodding and keeping the envelope, Gunjan sent Preeti on her way to catch her flight.
Gunjan kept wiping her tears as they traveled back.
 when they were going to enter society. vaibhav suggested 
Ginny, if you'd like, I can drop you off at Juhi's apartment. However, it would be best if you came along so we could try the bakery's new garlic bread.
No not now All I want is to return home. I just want to relax because the past few days have been busy with aunty's packing.
Okay, that makes sense. Please give Juhi or me a call if you need anything, and we'll be there.
"Okay"
Vaibhav promptly dropped Gunjan off at the Sai Sadan building before heading to his bakery.
Gunjan opened the apartment door and went inside. After carefully locking the door, she turned to glance around and noticed that the house suddenly appeared to be vacant.
Gunjan's eyes overflowed with more tears. She reached into her bedroom and collapsed onto the bed, wailing uncontrollably.
Regardless of how much Preeti informed her about her return, she remained uncertain of Kunal Bhai's motive.
Her thoughts began to replay all of her mom's memories and moments with Preeti Aunty. in all these thoughts she fell asleep.
Gunjan woke up at nine o'clock at night. She checked the time, realizing that night had fallen outside.Gunjan turned on the lights in the house before going to the kitchen to prepare a meal for herself.
She had excellent cooking training from Preeti, and Gunjan loved to cook. It makes sense that cookery shows dominated her television watch list.
something she loved to watch in the free time.
As Gunjan opened the fridge to pick vegetables, she spotted a few airtight glass containers. As she grabbed each one individually, she saw a chit stick to it.
Preeti had already made and refrigerated her dinner.
Ginny sobbed deeply while holding the box near to her chest.
It's true that no one loves a child more than a mother does.
And Preeti, who embraced Ginny as if she is her own child, was an ideal mother.