02 The Drunk Text

Hwayoung's perspective.

Hwayoung left Taesung's place driving her car, and Ilhoon left after he cleaned up and did the dishes. She drove to a bar for a drink. She needed it the most after she caught her boyfriend just dumping her without words like she didn't mean anything to him.

Park Siwan didn't even bother texting or explaining himself. The more Hwayoung thought about it, the more she could conclude that she was Siwan's failed project. That guy has been persistently approaching her since last year when Hwayoung didn't even look at him. The moment he found someone new, he just left.

The suppressed anger and disappointment brought her to Moonlight Bar. It was her go-to-place for a drink, it's quiet and the drink was great. Also, she knew the owner. She wouldn't end up in a strange place when she drank too much. Most of the time they would call Jinhwan or get her a taxi to her place. Hwayoung sat down at the bar and asked for a glass of whiskey. "Should I get chef-nim to come?" The bartender asked, knowing the assignment. She pressed her lips to a line as she heard it, also to endure the bitter taste of the whiskey, then she nodded before continuing her next sip.

It didn't come across to her that Siwan would actually do what the rumors told her. The whole night, he was just showing his true self and it made her sick in the stomach. It was either Hwayoung that was blinded by his affection or she was just stupid. There were so many rumors about him being a player and an opportunist. Even Nam Rohee, one of her classmates in University used to date him, specifically reached out to her when the news spread about Siwan approaching her, just to warn her and not be swooned by his trick, that he would obsessively 'fix you'. Hwayoung was adamant although many stories supported the fact of him to be a red flag.

However, Hwayoung started to look at him as a green flag when he helped her with Yonghwa's football career decision. She was having a hard time when her younger brother said he had to go to Sweden. Siwan's support was the key for her decision making as Yonghwa's sole guardian. While he was an adult, the association wanted the family consent and approval as well. That moment she looked at Siwan in a different light and slowly opened her heart to him. Maybe he still has a good side of him, he looked so sincere at the time. Also, it was natural of him to know those as he was in a football club during medical school.

Her head was busy with analyzing which part she did wrong. Also blaming herself on why she had a change of heart when there are more red flags than the greens. Was she that blinded? Her head hurt trying to find the answer, yet she asked for a second glass.

"I thought you said you have a meeting in the morning." A man's voice appeared on her right side. Hwayoung was forced to look on her right side to check if someone was talking to her. From the voice she knew it was not someone she expected to pick her up, she was in a bad mood, she didn't want to interact with people, let alone being nice to them. She looked at the man, her eyes started to be blurry. She took her time to get the image of the man.

"Oh, you..." She scoffs, "Were you following me?"

Onew aka Lee Jinki didn't respond and took his time, he also smirked at her reaction. "Was this part of you seducing a man?" He asked plainly.

"Me? Seducing you?" Hwayoung scoffed. He did have a beautiful smile though, she recalled in the midst of it. Then she shook her head, "I have a boyfriend you know!" She almost raised her voice, because now she doesn't have a boyfriend soon. It is all in the past now and there is no need to explain it. Then her head started to hurt so bad. She mumbled, "How do you think I can seduce you with this appearance?"

Jinki's perspective.

Jinki arrived at Moonlight Bar after he got a reply from Hwayoung on his way back home. He asked his manager to get him there in an hour, just in case he has to drink. Initially he texted her just to ask if they could set up a meeting for a private dining he wanted to host, but she replied to him with her current location. There was no plan for him hosting a dinner party, but he could make one if that was the only way to see her again. He fell for her in one night, her reply just made him excited and kind of expecting she would feel the same. However, Jinki quickly realized that he was ahead of himself the moment he saw her drunk and didn't recall replying to him.