Chapter 8:The Outsiders

Archie's voiceover
Previously on Riverdale...
In Fred's office
Hermione says to Fred "You only have enough in the bank to cover three more weeks of payroll."
Fred says to Hermione "I'm waiting to hear on this huge bid.That new development where the old drive-in used to be?"
In Pembrooke living room/Dining room
Hermione says to Veronica "I kissed Fred Andrews." Veronica says to Hermione "The other thing.It involves you forging my signature to get Fred Andrews that stupid contract to build on Dad's land."
In Betty's bedroom
Betty says to Hal and Alice "You hated Jason,and now Polly is pregnant with his baby."
At Pembrooke
Hermione says to Polly "Of course you can stay. Anything for Alice Cooper's daughters."
At Twlight Drive-In
FP says to Jughead "So where are you gonna live now?" Jughead says to FP "I'll figure it out,Dad."
In Archie's bedroom
Fred says to Archie "FP was stealing from the company and selling stuff on the side.When someone is drowning,you can try to save them, but not if they're gonna drag you down with them."
In FP's trailer
We see Jason's letterman jacket

Jughead's voiceover
The Coopers.The Stepfords of Riverdale.High school sweethearts who got married and had two beautiful daughters...Polly and Betty.Until Jason Blossom happened.And now,we would hear from the person who was closest to him those days
leading up to his disappearance...
In Pops
Jughead typing on his laptop and Pop Tate giving Jughead coffee
Jughead's voiceover
Polly Cooper.How a casual conversation turned into an epic,forbidden romance.How,for reasons still murky,their respective parents tried to tear them apart.How their break-up was short-lived,
because Polly soon learned she was pregnant with Jason's baby.How they became secretly engaged with his grandmother's blessing and her heirloom ring,and made plans to run away together,to start a new life.And how their dreams of escape went up in flames.
In Pembrooke,Living Room/Dining Room
Tom says to Polly "That was the last day you saw him?" Polly says to Tom "At Pop's, when he told me the plan.That he was gonna fake his own death,and then we would meet up.But before that could happen,my mom and dad sent me away."
Betty says to Polly "One of Jason's teammates said that before he ran away,Jason was dealing drugs."  Polly says to Betty "Making a one-time delivery.He needed...We needed money.To get away and to start over." Tom says to Polly "So Riverdale's star football player becomes a drug mule?" Polly says to Tom "He went to a bar on the other side of the tracks and made a deal with some biker gang." Tom says to Polly "The Serpents?" Polly says to Tom "He got an address upstate,where he was supposed to deliver the drugs in exchange for cash."
Tom says to Betty "The drugs you found in Jason's car..." Betty says to Tom "Yeah."
Tom says to Betty "That went up in flames."
Polly says to Tom (upset) "Along with everything I had left of Jason...including the ring his nana gave me, which he was keeping until..."
Polly is crying
Hermione stands up
Hermione says to Tom "Okay,Sheriff,I think that's enough for tonight.I think Polly needs her rest." Tom says to Betty and Polly "I'll be in touch,ladies." Hermione says to Tom "I'll show you out." Tom says to Hermione "Thank you."
Polly sighs
Betty says to Polly "We're gonna get you through this,okay?"
Polly nods
Betty says to Polly "Come here."
Betty pulls Polly into a cuddle and rubs Polly's arm
In Andrews house,Archie's bedroom
Video game sound effects on TV
Archhead playing video games
Jughead says to Archie "Gotta stop blowing me up." Archie says to Jughead "You're going the wrong way.You're going the...Left."
Jughead says to Archie "What are you doing?"
Archie says to himself "Come on."
Jughead says to Archie "You're the one who keeps accidentally killing me."
Archie says to Jughead "War is hell,Jug."
Jughead says to Archie "No,Archie,hell is other people."
Archie chuckles
Fred walks in
Fred says to Archhead "Hey,guys,it's getting pretty late...And...Whoa! It's kinda ripe in here.
Does someone wanna open a window?"
Archie says to Fred "I got it."
Archie goes to open the window
Fred says to Jughead "You settling in,Jug?"
Jughead says to Fred "Oh,completely.It's like Archie and I are just roommates in a college dorm." Fred says to Jughead "Oh,great.What does that make me,the RA?"
Archie says to Fred "No, you're the third roommate."
Archie sits down
Fred chuckles
Fred says to Archhead "All right,guys.I got a big day tomorrow."
Fred about to leave Archie's bedroom
Archie says to Fred "Yeah,breaking ground on the SoDale project,right?"
Fred says to Archie "Yeah.Indeed,we are."
Fred says to Jughead "Sorry,cause I know it's kind of a sore spot with you,Jughead,about the drive-in." Jughead says to Fred "As long as you build something beautiful in it's place."
Fred says to Jughead "Well,I don't know about beautiful,but it's gonna be big.Night, guys."
Archie says to Fred "Night,Dad."
Fred hold the door and Fred closes the door
In Students Lounge
Kevin,Veronica,Betty,Archie,Cheryl and Valerie have coffee
Betty says to everyone "Polly's convinced herself that no one wants her baby."
Kevin says to everyone "Besides,of course,the child-snatching Blossom monsters."
Cheryl looks at Kevin annoyed
Kevin says to Cheryl "No offense,Cheryl."
Cheryl says to Kevin "None taken."
Jughead says to Betty "So your mom and dad want Polly but not the baby......and the Blossoms want the baby and not Polly.That's a true Gordian knot." Betty says to Jughead "It's an impossible situation."
Veronica says to Betty "Betty,come on.An impossible situation is being invited to both the Vanity Flair Oscar party and Elton John's Oscar party on the same night.Which happened to me one year.I know.This is merely an annoying situation.But luckily,I've been percolating on an idea,hellishly simple in its conception.What if my mom and I were to host a baby shower?"
Cheryl says to Veronica "Count me in."
Veronica says to Betty "You want Polly to feel loved and supported, right?"
Betty says to Veronica "Yeah,but ideally by her own parents." Veronica says to Betty "Okay,so, baby steps,girl.Get Polly and your parents in the same room in a public setting where they can't fight,and,voila,let the healing begin."
Jughead says to Veronica "Am I expected to come to this thing?" Veronica says to Jughead "Of course.You're Betty's boyfriend,so..."
Archie shifts awkwardly
Veronica says to Bughead "Oh,my God,you guys, relax.It's just a word that starts with the letter B."
Betty smiles at her boyfriend Jughead
Veronica says to Betty "Betty,what do you say?"
Betty grins at Veronica
Alice walks in
Alice says to Betty "Elizabeth Cooper."
Betty says to Alice "Mom?"
Alice says to Beronica "I need you and you."
Veronica points at herself
Alice says to Beronica "Right now."
In Fred's office
Fred says to Vic "Hey,Vic,I was just getting ready to come out and walk you through the day."
Vic removes his hard hat
Vic says to Fred "Hate to do this to you,Fred,but, um...I gotta pull my crew."
Hermione stares surprisingly
Fred says to Vic "Before we've even started? What happened?" Vic says to Fred "Cliff Blossom reached out.Says he's got a big job coming up.
Says he needs us free and available.Blossom's willing to guarantee us two years' work, starting now.Can't ask my guys to turn down that kind of money." Fred says to Vic "No,Vic,I can't."
Vic says to Fred "Sorry,Fred."
Vic puts his hard hat back on and leaves
Fred gives Hermione a star gaze
In geography classroom
Veronica and Betty sitting in the two front desks with no other students and Alice standing
Alice says to Beronica "Sheriff Keller told us everything.How you're hiding Polly at the Pembrooke?" Betty says to Alice "Better than in an insane asylum."
Veronica says to Alice "Actually,Mrs. Cooper, that's on me.I was the one who suggested that Polly stay with us." Betty says to Alice "She's trying to help......unlike you and Dad,who want Polly to give the baby up for adoption."
Alice says to Betty "Betty,it's what's best for Polly and the baby." Betty says to Alice "Mom,that's not your choice.Your choice is whether or not you want to be a part of Polly's life."
Alice glares at Veronica and Betty
Betty says to Alice "Veronica and her mom have offered to host a baby shower."
Alice says to Beronica "Well,that is hardly appropriate."
Betty laughs
Betty says to Alice "Really?"
Betty stands up
Betty says to Alice "Because I think it's an amazing idea.You want to be loving and supportive like a normal grandmother? Then, great.Otherwise,stay away."
In Andrews house,kitchen
Fred is on the phone
Fred says to Don "Don,I just need a few guys from your crew.A couple to get me started."
Archie walks in
Fred says to Don "I did check.I'll get back to you, Don."
Fred puts phone down
Fred writes on a very small notepad
Archie says to Fred "What was that about?"
Fred says to Archie "It's all good.How was your date with Val?" Archie says to Fred "Oh,it was good.I got you some slices.Did something happen at work?"
Fred grabs a beer
Fred says to Archie "Cliff Blossom made my crew an offer they couldn't refuse so they walked.
Every last one of them."
Archie says to Fred "Screw them,then.Anyone who'd rather work for Clifford Blossom than you is crazy,Dad."
Fred puts his head down
Archie says to Fred "Dad? What is it? You always make me talk to you about my problems."
Fred says to Archie "The business.It's in trouble, Archie.Has been for a long time.Big jobs are just few and far between.That's why this SoDale thing is so important to me.I can't break ground without a crew,so every day I'm just hemorrhaging cash.We've got equipment sitting there,supplies,bills that are past due."
Archie stands up
Archie says to Fred "Dad,why didn't you tell me? I had no idea." Fred says to Archie "It was never supposed to get this bad.You work your ass off to build something......and in one false step you could lose everything." Archie says to Fred "No, Dad,you're not losing anything.We'll figure this out."