A look into the past

In my first life there was a war.

It started in silence with the death of Cedric. Then the ministry got involved. Correcting us and making sure we weren't misinformed was what they said. It didn't end well.

I lost…

I lost Sirius…He was my godfather. Everything went to hell.

We, my family that is, had to run soon after. No-one could be trusted. Both sides were in danger. 

Secrets were revealed.  Our morals and ideals shaken to the core. But there was hope. And where there is hope there is life.

It was a gamble. I would die. That was the only way. I didn't fear death.

The soul is a very precious thing. You can't replace it once it's broken or stolen. If you don't cherish it when you have it …you will regret it.

It's ironic now that I think about it. Each person who threw their soul away for greed ended up-  

…well it doesn't matter anymore. They're useless now.

Fate has always had a wicked sense of humor. 

I died. 

I died in a place which held thousands of memories. A place I called home. 

My family and friends cried and begged me not to leave them yet. But alas, no matter how much their tears hurt me, time waits for no one. 

I had no regrets to keep me behind. The family I longed for was bigger than ever. My career was a closed book. I had seen the world in my travels and was amazed by its beauty. I had loved and was loved in return.  

I had finished this adventure and was ready to start another.

Many I longed to embrace were waiting for me in the other station. So I boarded the train. The ride was filled with memories. 

When I arrived my body was younger and healthier than ever. I felt so alive.

 They looked so alive. Maybe it was because I missed them dearly but they were glowing. Paintings and photos weren't even a grim of their bright smiles. 

I could have stayed there forever and ever. My heart desired for nothing. I was content. 

Then he came for me. 

Many despise him. Many despise him. Some try to run and hide from him. They treat him like a monster. A freak. For me he was an old friend. 

He had reunited me, gently as he could, with my family. He had taken care of souls among souls since the beginning of life.

Protecting their very existence like a dragon protects its hatchling. 

He is scary and powerful but he's beautiful.

Between us there are no secrets. Our existence is one and the same.

He explained that souls reincarnate. They've done it since the beginning and will keep on doing it. 

When and where depends on the soul. Their deeds and sins play an important role. If a soul has committed a crime when it was in the human world, it will be punished accordingly and after some time it will be allowed to reincarnate. 

And if a soul has done good deeds when it was in the human world, it will be given a gift once it is reincarnated. 

My family had been waiting for me to arrive. They hadn't boarded their new trains yet. Their time had come. 

I was sad but also glad. I wanted them to live. To live a longer life. A happier life. A life not filled with so much suffering and an ending so short.

I wanted them to truly live life. All of them.

As for me…

In my time in the human world, I had collected three gifts.

 They were, a cloak which could hide you from anyone and anything, a stone which let you talk to someone you no longer could and the most powerful wand ever created.

I was acknowledged by them.

I had left the cloak to my children. A heirloom.

The stone was used by people who couldn't say goodbye.

And the wand….well it was a tricky situation. As powerful as it was, it was drenched in blood. 

The thought of destroying it had crossed my mind a lot but in the end I decided to return it to its maker. The ritual was annoying and hard to find but I managed to do it.

So when the maker came and returned it to me I was a bit baffled.

It's been centuries since then and I've grown fond of this chaos creating wand. It is a bit clingy along with its maker though….

I have lived many lives. Meet thousands of souls. Found my loved ones souls in my reincarnations once in a while too.

It has been anything but boring. This new life of mine.

…paperworks are still very irritating no matter how old I get.

My last reincarnation was more than a decade ago.

This time I wanted to find my youngest first son. I missed my cute baby.

However I didn't think I would meet him like this.

This world's laws and magic were similar to my first life.

I remember when I had first arrived in this world. I wasn't exactly pleased to say the least. 

.

.

.

As Harry looked around at the unfamiliar surroundings, his mind couldn't help but draw comparisons to his own world. The trees were the same, the sun was the same, but everything else felt different. Harry spoke coldly, his words carrying the weight of his immortal experiences.

"This world is similar to my own in many ways. The same sun rises in the morning, the same moon hangs in the sky at night. But the people... the people are very different. They don't know the horrors I've seen, the endless cycle of life and death I've lived through.”

They would never understand for they weren't his people. Or they were. 

The universe was something that he still couldn't keep up with. Ever changing. Ever growing. 

Sometimes he had met souls whose bodies looked like his friends but were completely different.  

Other times ,unique bodies with zero resemblance to the people he knew and loved. But they were them. 

Who's to say that the people in this world weren't his people?

Well, only time would tell him.

Harry paused his walk atop a rooftop in London. 

….there was something bothering him though. 

He could feel a magic of a kind which could twist even the strongest rock to its desire.

It would take some time to find out who was playing with it.

As he looked below with bored eyes ,the corner of his mouth lifted. 

He started running towards the edge of the roof and once close enough he jumped. 

As he was falling he could hear his dear friend Mort or commonly known as Death chuckle in his ear. Yes, he had all the time in the world.

“It's not like I'm going anywhere.” And with those words he disappeared just before hitting the ground. 

Typical Harry Potter style.