0.7 | caught

i layed in bed and stared at the top bunk, soshiros words stayed in my mind. the snacks i had bought layed on the end of my bed, i had lost my appetite when soshiro had technically confessed to me. my train of thought was interrupted by the sound of the door unlocking and opening, i shot up from my position and stared and the person entering the room. "hakua! akari! how was the training?" akari slumped down onto her bed and groaned. "im..so...tired!!" her voice was still as gentle as ever even though she was definitely out of breath.

"it was..okay. really tiring but okay." hakua answered with a smile on her face as she chose what casual clothes to wear before leaving the room and heading to the bathroom. i turned to akari and tilted my head, "arent you going to take a bath?" once i finished my question her head slowly rose to look at me before she dashed to her closet, chose a random outfit and ran to the bathroom. i chuckled at her reaction before picking up some gummies from my pile of snacks and placing them on her bed.

i also chose chips for hakua and placed them on hers before leaving the room and making my way to the cafeteria. wanting to be early to choose a good spot for us to sit, as i waited for the elevator i heard a bit of ruckus at the further end of the hallway which is where the bathrooms were. ignoring the elevators ding, i make my way to the bathroom to see leno and kafka fighting infront of the vending machines outside the bathroom doors.

"give me the soda!!"
kafka yelled while tugging on lenos hair.

"i already drank out of it! let me have it!" leno barked back, i giggled at the sight which caught their attention. they both looked at me almost simultaneously before getting up and waving at me. "(y/n)! kafka pulled my hair!!" "(y/n) leno stole my soda!!" letting out small laughs at their immaturity, i pulled out my wallet from my pocket and walked up to the vending machine. buying a soda, i turned around and tossed it to kafka which thankfully he caught. "thank you (y/n)!! you're my savior!" i nodded before walking back to the elevators.

thankfully, the elevator arrived empty which meant no awkward tension. stepping into the elevator, the doors slowly closed but before they fully closed a hand emerged from the other side. stopping the elevator doors, i pouted but my pout was quickly changed to a smile when i realized it was Soshiro. he smiled back at me while he stepped into the elevator, the once cold air that i felt in the small box like space quickly vanished when he entered. i felt my heartbeat pace fasten as we stood next to eachother, our shoulders and arms touching. the urge to held his hand was high, and he mustve had a similar urge since i felt his pinky finger tug on mine. giggling, i interlock our fingers.

i blushed when i felt his thumb rub my hand, the feeling was comforting and strangely familiar to me even though we have never held hands before. i felt like a middle school girl fanboying over the popular guy, in all honesty it was a similar situation. soshiro was infact popular with females and i was definitely a fangirl for him. once we reached the ground floor, i let go of his hand incase someone was on the other side of the metal doors. i didnt notice the pout on soshiros lips as we walked out the elevator and made our way to the cafeteria. i snuck a few glances at him, admiring his perfect features. "i see you looking at me, (y/n)"

i immediately looked away as i tried hiding my smile, "i dont know what you're talking about." he opened the door to the cafeteria for me and i stepped inside, letting out a few giggles. i scanned the room before choosing our usual table which was next to a window, i sat down and pulled out my phone. not getting food till my friends arrived, i started checking the news for any kaiju outbreaks nearby and thankfully there werent any after the kaiju attack that resulted in my leg injury.